• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Head Issues

Kaiser

Currently we have a Rastek T1000 handling the majority of our mass production. Problem is we're having issues with one of our white heads.

Whenever I purge or do heavy coverage prints with white, my secondary tank takes too long to fill up again. Recirculation is enabled, nozzles are mint clean, the techs have been here and checked the machine, tried bypassing the filters, replacing them even with brand new filters. Still, the same issues. This has been going on for about 3 months now. If I want a decent print, I have to print at 24pass, which quite frankly is a waste when before printing at 12pass had better results.

What baffles the crap out of me and tech though is the fact that the White 1 tank with the issue does take forever to refill however it is only the White 1A half-head that doesnt fire properly.
Tech has seen if its a head issue but that was ruled out after a power purge and manual filling of the secondary tank. All heads printed fine, full fire. After about an hour of printing, same problem returns... White 1 takes a half hour to refill and White 1A doesnt fire. Theyve checked if it is a voltage problem and have even inspected the lines from tank to belt all around till pumps. No leaks. Here's the catch, when I do purge though, White1A bubbles, so I deduce that there is a leak somewhere, but where?????

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

:help

pstrwks

Change the White Ink line

In the good ol days they claimed that the white ink settles out. If that has blocked the ink line you may have restricted flow.
By now i hope you have solved the problem.

Kaiser

Thanks for the concern.

After cleaning out all the lines from heads to tanks to igus back to feed we concluded that it could only be the valves.
After a replacement valve was installed everything started running smoothly. I think that some white must have clogged up the valves while the machine was dormant for a month or 2.