• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help White ink clogged Mimaki UJF 3042HG

janatong

I did cleaning and testing over and over but still not helping. I can print in other color just fine but not the white. Any suggestions? What else can I do to clean the head for the white ink?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8351.jpg
    IMG_8351.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 274

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
White is the hardest color on a system, other then metallic and if you're not using it regularly, it clogs up, that is why a lot of people typically put in a cleaning cartridge when not using it much. Maybe try a 48 hour head soak and see if that gives any improvement.

janatong

White is the hardest color on a system, other then metallic and if you're not using it regularly, it clogs up, that is why a lot of people typically put in a cleaning cartridge when not using it much. Maybe try a 48 hour head soak and see if that gives any improvement.
Hi Zoogee World,
Exactly where do you go to do the head soak. Is it the same as Nozzle washing?

Tipgypsy

First - if your using non oem ink make sure the white ink has not began to catalize into a brick. You can check this by touching the bag inside the cartridge and feeling for hard lumps in the ink. if its good or your using Mimaki Original ink do an air purge and make sure you get good flow into the syringe, then do a head clean and try a test print - if same result Clean the head manually with a swab first then park it with the cap station full of cleaner , also check your cap rubber make sure its sealing against the head and not hard and deformed - repeat the test.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Hi Zoogee World,
Exactly where do you go to do the head soak. Is it the same as Nozzle washing?
Sorry for the late reply, been quite busy lately. Nozzle washing would be different. A head soak would be clamping off the lines after the cap top and filling the cap top with cleaning liquid, then putting the head back onto the cap top and letting it soak, then once done, do a normal or medium cleaning and see if it looks any better.