• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Ink not printing on BN-20

Sally51

Hello everyone,
I need some help, I have a BN-20 white ink.
I cannot seem to get it to print white only.
My artwork is done in adobe and transferred into Versaworks as a PS file.
Versaworks recognises the white ink in the special items with the little white teardrop.

In Job settings
File fomat, Convert to spot colour,
Colour Name Output Colour
RVW-BK01A C.0.0 M.0.0 Y:0.0. K.0.0

Ink consumption reads 0

This is what I think the problem is but don't know how to correct it, please can anyone advise?
Don't get to technical with me as I'm relatively new at this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
From what I am seeing, you need to change the spot color name to, "RDG_WHITE" for it to be recognized by the software. Make sure it's all caps and has the underscore in the middle.

greysquirrel

Load the versaworks color swatches for Roland in illustrator and photoshop...they can be found on the versaworks cd or on their website
rolanddga.com...
when in doubt..Youtube

Roland has a channel on there

Ragnabrok

if the white drop is showing up, you got it right. I'm pretty sure you only get the option to use white ink if you use a clear profile, then under ink mode, change it to something with white in it.

Sally51

Load the versaworks color swatches for Roland in illustrator and photoshop...they can be found on the versaworks cd or on their website
rolanddga.com...
when in doubt..Youtube

Hi, Thank your help, I have already done that though.
Thanks again
Sally

Sally51

rolanddga.com...
when in doubt..Youtube

if the white drop is showing up, you got it right. I'm pretty sure you only get the option to use white ink if you use a clear profile, then under ink mode, change it to something with white in it.

Hi, yes I also have been using a clear profile, I'm really stumped.
Thanks
Sally

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member

Davidford7

Under Output Settings:
Mode= White->CYMK
or
CYMK->White

Depends on it you want the white to print first or CYMK first

splizaat

^^^ BINGO. Only SOME clear media profiles will allow output setting to be

W>CMYK
CMYK>W
WHITE

If you're seeing these options and only plan to print white, then select white. If you want to lay white underbase, THEN print color over the top then do W>CMYK.

If you're seeing the white ink drop, then it's recognizing you're using the RDG_White swatch. You just need to activate it in output settings after you select the clear substrate. usually clear static cling or CCVP will allow it.