• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Ink Printing - CJV

Zul

Can anyone explain the workflow to print and cut white, channel specific inks? This is using Rasterlink PRO v 4 and Fine Cut. I think the file is an .eps. It's hit and miss for us right now but when it hits the output is remarkable. Also, has anyone heard of 2 day drying/cure times for white ink (on 3M calendered clear using SS21). Are there any profiles in Rasterlink PRO that would be best for clear media and limit cure times (I suspect we may be dropping down too much ink).

Thanks!

Z

Zul

Ya figured it out - we send the file 3 times through RSPRO and FineCut to achieve the output which looks very sweet. The dry time issue was because the clear we were using was a film initially screen print bastardized to use on solvent inks. Hence, there was something in the ink chemistry not agreeing with the top coat on said screen print film. We switched to an Avery cast clear and voila, problem solved. The workflow is a bit cumbersome but there is nothing that can be done yet based on the s/w I know of that is available on the market.

ast

so, what is your drying time after changing to Avery clear? what is your heater setting?