• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

white ink vendor

Pete Moss

We are looking for a vendor to print first surface on Oracal etched glass 8510 or similar material with the ability to print white ink. This would be simple text and only two smaller prints. We are also looking for a vendor who can do this for us on all other white ink projects.
We are located in Duluth MN and would like someone as close by as possible.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Pete Moss

Is it really that tough to find? Since we have a way around white ink for second surface this type of situation comes up very seldom. I'd have to think that this is possibly a niche that could be filled. No one in my area has white ink and it is hard to find even in Minneapolis, even harder evidently with printing on etched glass vinyl...

Fares Bayazeed

We are looking for a vendor to print first surface on Oracal etched glass 8510 or similar material with the ability to print white ink. This would be simple text and only two smaller prints. We are also looking for a vendor who can do this for us on all other white ink projects.

Is Rochester MN close enough for your white printing needs? Or have you found a printer to job this out to yet?

Fares Bayazeed

One of my customers has a flat bed printer that prints in UV Curable White Ink. He is in Rochester MN. He returns this afternoon and I would be happy to get them in touch with you. My questions involve the Etched Glass Substrate. Will this be an unmounted etched glass on Oracal's roll or will we apply the white ink once it is mounted to a substrate? Most white is done as an initial surface.

Pete Moss

Thanks for the responses. If the client wants to go the printed route we will go with Pro color, although I love having options on what first looked to be difficult to find. Ultimately, the vinyl will be printed on directly.

Pete Moss

Didn't really finish answering the question. After printed the etched vinyl will attach to an interior door window either first or second surface.

Fares Bayazeed

Pete,

Oracal makes a Translucent Calend. Product in white for you to cut and apply.

If you call your FELLERS rep they can help you get a piece of it to play with. Since it is translucent you can have a hint of the etched glass showing through the Oracal 8400 Translucent Vinyl. This way you could keep it in house. Also Regal Plastics I know sells Oracal Vinyl by the foot if it is a small job. Feller's may do the same.

Another option is to use an adhesive frosty backlit. The Frosty portion of the backlit will have the same effect as the Oracal 8400 and the cost per square foot is lower as well. Similar effect though. The frosty portion of the backlit picks up the hint of the etched glass. As high as the etched glass is, to print solid white on it could take away from the original substrate (although it does give a bit of a 3D effect like that). You may even be able to print the rest of the text on the backlit for an interesting effect. You probably already know but there is backlit for just about every type of printer - Aquous - Dye and Pigmented, Latex, UV Curable, piazo, etc. Be cautious with a backlit that is too thick if you go this route.

Both of the above options are for a cut of white that is not too intricate.

If you go with printed Flatbed Printers definitely go with UV Curable or offset. But then again, you probably already know that.

Fares Bayazeed

Sorry so slow to respond Pete. Search under "Oracal Translucent". Looks like there are various numbers associated with the line. Careful, some of them are clear.

artofacks1

I'm in California....