• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White or Clear acrylic for push through.

My question has nothing to do with how to make the letters, but what glue to use to adhere the acrylic push thru letters on to the metal. I know it's a separate question, but you guys sound like the right people to ask.
Thanks.

Bxtr

My question has nothing to do with how to make the letters, but what glue to use to adhere the acrylic push thru letters on to the metal. I know it's a separate question, but you guys sound like the right people to ask.
Thanks.
We've always used Lord Epoxy 406/19

Bxtr

Right, but why waste the effort and material to stick white on clear when you could buy white acrylic/poly?
We like the depth it adds to it, plus you get a better halo effect on the lighting out of the edges as well. We also do the same if we want the letters or designs other colors than white. Plus if your putting the vinyl on the back with a shoulder and it shrinks, you don't see any of that from the front of the sign.

JBurton

Signtologist
Thanks.
We pop studs to the back of the face, and bolt down a secondary piece of material to hold the acrylic in place. A little bit of lexel doesn't hurt, but I'm not a big fan of adhesives where you could use mechanical fasteners instead.