• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Pass #73 font?

dweavers

I dont usaully have too much trouble with fonts but this one especially the 7 has got me, I do have White Pass as a vector but are needing the number 73, any help would be appreicated

Attachments

• alaska-skagway-locomotive-steam-locomotive-monument-white-pass.jpg
    alaska-skagway-locomotive-steam-locomotive-monument-white-pass.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 219
  • yn4-2330554.jpg
    yn4-2330554.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 65

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Most likely hand lettered. I have done hundreds of letters for a company that does reproductions of old trains/engines and they were all hand painted using stencils. I have never run across an actual font on any of them

klmiller611

As The Vector Doctor says, virtually no railroad lettering is an actual font. It was all designed by hand, and in most cases, rarely a complete font, with all characters, upper and lower case or punctuation. An example is Norfolk and Western lettering for passenger cars, locomotives and cabooses. Only the letters used in Norfolk and Western were drawn. I've been in that field for almost 40 years, have now recreated most of the lettering and also developed letters not originally done. I've lettered a number of full sized cars, locomotives, cabooses, etc. etc. Google Norfolk and Western 611 for an example. The best is get a great photo from the side, direct on, and redraw in Illustrator or something like it. I'd be glad to do so if you can get me a decent image.
Best
Ken Miller

dweavers

Thank you to all replays, have found a 99% match.
RailroadRoman font and Not the1916 variant.
All I had to do was add an extra colour to the outline stroke in illustrator and it's a match