• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

white random blotches on banner material

pure_media

My boss and I are trying to print a few banners, 13oz gloss banner material. There is a solid color of green with some black text, but we are getting light white/green blotches at random places. the material is by UltraFlex - JetFlex FL 13oz.

We have cleaned the print heads and have tried numerous settings in VersaWorks but it seems to still be random. Could it be the media itself, could it be that we might have gotten oil on the media from our hands.

This is only my 3rd week in the printing industry and my boss isn't very long into her printing career either. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks! Pure Media Signs

animenick65

Certainly could be oil from your hands, though banner material (IMHO) seems to be less susceptible to this. Do your best when loading material to keep from touching anything but the edges. I use cotton white gloves to load most material to prevent this.

Do you have any pictures of the problem?

pure_media

all of the photos didnt turn out to well to be able to see them. we also use white gloves when loading and touching the paper. We are using a Roland VP-540i.

we rolled out a lot of material and cut it off in order to start fresh. so far with the one of four prints, it's looking good.

randya

Could be plasticizer migration, if it looks like an aqueous print splashed with water.

The substance that makes PVC pliable.

Depending on just how random and often it shows up, you could try cleaning an area with denatured alcohol and letting it dry, then printing on that section.