Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

white spots in prints

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by depps74, Jun 7, 2019.

1. depps74

depps74 Member

Apr 28, 2016
    ct
    I posted this in HP forum, but kinda desperate for someone to answer. I am guessing this is a known problem with an easy fix? My HP latex 315 is printing white spots in my images. See pic. Any ideas or help as to why this is happening. I did just replace the optimizer cartdridge. The material I am printing on is 3M Ij35 matte. All my tests so far have spots in them or the ink is muddy looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Tags:
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    It still looks like contaminated media. Did you try another media as suggested in the other thread?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rx7boy

rx7boy New Member

May 16, 2011
    Medicine Hat, Alberta
    Hello we were having the same issue with our hp 360 and IJ35C-20 media. We thought it was the media at first but then we thought it was something in our environment. After lots of tests and different media’s we came to the conclusion it was the media. We have had 2 bad rolls from 2 different suppliers at pretty much the same time but all is good now after we got some newer rolls

4. depps74

depps74 Member

Apr 28, 2016
    ct

5. depps74

depps74 Member

Apr 28, 2016
    ct
    It was the media. You were right. Now I am getting greasy spots though. especially with dark colors. I increased the interpose delay and heat with fingers crossed.

6. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Have you done a cleaning of the curing tunnel?

Typically greasy spots are due to reduced airflow and heat. If the holes are plugged the air can't wick away the moisture from the latex ink.

7. JERHEMI

JERHEMI Very Active Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Chicagoland
    I'm having the same issue with black not drying. Can you explain or point us in the direction of where/how to clean the "curing tunnel"? Thank you!

8. 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    It is part of service maintenance kit 3, but depending on your print environment the cleaning needs to happen more frequently. you need to disassemble the curing tunnel to clean the airflow plates on the top side, its pretty laborious.

9. JERHEMI

JERHEMI Very Active Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Is this something that would be covered under a warranty to have a tech come out and handle?

10. 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    no its not a warranty item as its a general service item. Our local tech company charges us $250 to do the cleaning or $450 for the full SMK3 service.