• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White spots on banner

ballparkgraphics

I am printing directly to Ready2Print banner material for the first time. I am getting a lot of 'white' spots on the solid red letters. What should I adjust??? Thanks.

* I am using the Lighweight Banner Material profile.

I have no idea but how does that ready2print work? Other than that white spot problem I mean...lol
I was checking that stuff out, seems kind of nifty but I figured I would wait and see what others think of it before I try it out.

Velocity

while spots

Ive never used Ready2Print but I have seen in the past where I had some old material that I am assuming was contaminated with something becase the ink would avoid the material leaving white spots everwhere like someone sprayed white paint through a spray bottle.

It only happended towards the end of the roll which I though was odd. The rest of the material printed just fine so I assumed it was just contamination. Never got around to consulting the vendor I just set the material asside and used it for cut lettering.

Good luck.

ballparkgraphics

First off, the Ready2Print material works just like in the Youtube videos. I think that with a little practice, it will be great!! Prints full bleed if needed. I changed my settings to a higher quality which worked pretty well to take care of the spots. I noticed that they have added new sizes to their material lines also, which will help. It is super easy to just stick the roll in and print something across it; would definitely recommend getting a roll to try. Don't think there is any need to worry about the grommets sticking up. I can't hardly tell much of a difference if they stick up far.

guillermo

I had that same problem with banner vinyl and adhesive vinyl, when you see that is printing it looks fine, but when is about 3 to 5 inches away from the printing area or better said when starts to dry the white spot will show, those are called "fish eyes", well I was told that the material could be old, (it happens towards the end on the banner vinyl, and towards the beggining or the adhesive vinyl, I was able to replace it with another roll, different batch of course), another told me that it happen because the material had some dust particles that contaminated the ink around that dust particle and it caused the ink to move away of that dust particle.

hope this helps:thumb: