• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

whitening a polycarb sign face

rfsign

I am stripping the vinyl off some large sign polycarb faces and I am going to apply new vinyl. Anyone have a technique to either polish the face to match what was under the vinyl or to discolour what was under the vinyl to match the exposed part of the face?

CanuckSigns

yup, buy new faces. Seriously, I've never been able to get them looking new again, plus the amount of labour involved is most likely more than the cost of new faces.

FS-Keith

I am stripping the vinyl off some large sign polycarb faces and I am going to apply new vinyl. Anyone have a technique to either polish the face to match what was under the vinyl or to discolour what was under the vinyl to match the exposed part of the face?

Time is money. It is more cost effective for your customer to buy new faces. Its is your job to educate them into the correct decision. If they want new looking faces, they will need to be new!
if its flat cut PC turn it inside out and upside down.

only 1 side is UV coated,so that is a bad idea.