• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Whitescale" Image using Photoshop and Onyx Thrive 22

DonMeads

Hey all, I have went through this process once before and it worked and I remember it being very easy, but now I'm trying to duplicate the process and it isn't working.

I open the file in photoshop - change it to grayscale - create a new spot channel named Spot1 - I go to the original channel and invert it - then I copy and past the original channel into the Spot1 channel - I delete the original channel and save. This is where my issues begin. It wants me to save as a .tiff but the only options available are .psd, .psb, .eps and .raw. I've tried to export or save as a copy and .tiff is never a format that I can choose. I can't load any of those file formats into Onyx, it ends up crashing the job editor - I can actually load the .eps file but the white ink data from the file isn't coming in. Did something change in an onyx update or a photoshop update or am I missing something? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance y'all! I've been reading guides and trying to figure this out but I am running in circles here.

DonMeads

I figured out my problem - I was deleting the ENTIRE gray channel rather than just deleting the contents of the gray channel. Maybe that info will help someone else along the way. Just delete the contents! Not the entire channel itself. Thank you guys!