• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who actually manufactures Laguna Lasers?

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
We have a Laguna Smartshop EX Laser and had a fairly catastrophic fire due to user error. The fire warped the X gantry arm as well as the liner guide rail attached to it.
We need to replace the x gantry arm and we are not having much luck dealing with Laguna Tools. Im 99% positive these are not manufactured by Laguna, they buy them from a Chinese manufature and give them a paint job and some other "upgrades". To me it looks like GWeike may be the mfg. https://www.gwklaser.com/co2/LC1390.html

If I completely strike out and have to fabricate my own x axis gantry out of aluminum tube, is this even feasible without some kind of jig? We do have a CNC router available at our facility which I would plan on using to drill the needed holes. Im just at a loss neither company seems to be interested in selling me a replacement part.

Attachments

• IMG_20231009_135830 (002).jpg
    IMG_20231009_135830 (002).jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 69