• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who can do a one off embroidery job for me?

ThatGriffGuy

Anyone interested in embroidering a couple hats for me? They are for me and I will provide the vector file or digitized file. I am looking for 3D/Puff letters and it will be white thread on a black hat.

WildWestDesigns

Anyone interested in embroidering a couple hats for me? They are for me and I will provide the vector file or digitized file. I am looking for 3D/Puff letters and it will be white thread on a black hat.

Normally, I do short hot runs, but not when puff is concerned.

A few words of caution, make sure that the digitized file that you are sending is setup not only for puff (it's very specific in it's needs), but also for the thickness of puff that you are wanting. The thicker the puff, the more the machine itself has to be tweaked (upper/lower tensions etc) also. This can lead to a lot of back and forth trying to figure out if it's the file or the machine (which mistakes more then likely are made and those 2 hats can easily be a lot more in wasted hats since they only way to be sure is to actually stitch it out on a hat) or both.

You may or may not already know this, but I thought I would put it out there just in case.

ThatGriffGuy

Thanks for the insight. I have about 3 years experience in digitizing and embroidery but have never dealt with puff. Its not in my comfort zone so I'd rather send it to someone that knows how instead of burning through materials trying to figure it out for a few pieces.

WildWestDesigns

Thanks for the insight. I have about 3 years experience in digitizing and embroidery but have never dealt with puff. Its not in my comfort zone so I'd rather send it to someone that knows how instead of burning through materials trying to figure it out for a few pieces.

Puff is fun, but there is always a chance of burning through supplies. Even with experience. Variations in the hat (which can be a bid deal even today even among good brands), even in the foam (which isn't as bad as it was in the 90s) and then again, depending on how thick (the thicker the more concern), changing up the tensions on the machine. Then having to change them back for regular embroidery.

Big operations will actually have dedicated machines for the thicker foam and that's all that those machines do, that way they virtually eliminate the machine from the equation of possible concerns.

Are these letters block or script? That can also have concerns depending on which one it is. With block fonts it's not uncommon for the puff to stitch in such a way that a little out of whack and the eye just goes right to it. For me, I tend to focus right on it, too much so, but I think if anyone is in production for any length of time that would apply.

D2S

I can handle that for you we do a lot of puff and offer various thicknesses of puff