• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who Can Get For Me Corel Draw Software

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Guys have you considered that Khalid is asking for someone to make a legit purchase and send it to him? Overseas distributors are notorious for gaining monopolies in their markets and selling at highly inflated prices. Here in the US we enjoy some pretty decent pricing as compared to many other places.

I have sourced both equipment and software for people whom I knew that happened to live in Australia. I have sold my clipart to many places in the world where the shipping was almost as much as the products.

OldPaint

FRED...aint kun us to smart round here ya no.........
we sort a kall it like wez sees it, if it walks like a duck........ya get r drift????)))))))

Ken

So, if I have Corel 10 that is legit, I no longer use, can I sell it to someone else?
ken

GK

So, if I have Corel 10 that is legit, I no longer use, can I sell it to someone else?
ken

call them for a transfer of license and ya can (probably a fee attaced to it, i know adobe charges about $150 USD for theirs) the only time you cannot sell it legally...is if the version that you bought after that version was an upgrade only and not a full version, then you are legally bound to keep it until you buy the next full version.

Ken

Thanks George. I dont think I would part with it, 'cause of the different clip-art/fonts. BUt I really haven't used it since I bought X3.
Cheers!
Ken

badgeman

I couldn't agree more

Fred... I agree with you. Sometimes we have to pay exhorbitant(sp) amounts for products when we can buy them and ship them from the US for a fraction of the cost they would cost locally.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hm-m-m-m-m...... don’t want to be harsh to judge….. but……

That's how I felt when I bought my first Gerber Sprint system, then my next three ANA Design stations. Those four alone cost me over $170,000 plus all the supplies I had to buy. Fonts cost around $300. each back then ANA fonts were around $125. They didn't give to many 'Freebies' away back then.

Well, I guess he'll just have to pay the high price or become a citizen here and purchase it. :unclesam: Call me anything you want, this didn't look legit to me and I really don't care if he has to spend a fraction of what I spent to get into this business, let alone the time and investigating I had to do. There’s getting ‘Free Lunches’ and then there is ‘Being Taken Advantage Of’. This seems like a red flag situation to me and if I hurt his little feelings…. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.

I haven’t seen him write anything back to clarify his position, but now that you’ve given him an out…. I guess he’ll make something up. :Sleeping:

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Gino, I agree the barrier to entry these days in so much lower it hardly counts.

OTOH, I recall back in the day when I wanted to upgrade my setup from Signmaker 4B's to SuperSprints. An independent dealer in Australia paid us and average of $12,000 USD for each of our 3 units and he picked up the shipping to Oz. The US list price for our SignMakers was $10K and we had negotiated discounts of up to 20% off on each plus had used them for 3 to 5 years each at that point in time.

Why you ask? The reason was that there was an exclusive distribution setup in Australia between Gerber and Letraset. Letraset's price for a 4B was equivalent to $20K USD new and $17 to $18K for used units. At those prices they were making more on equipment than Gerber was. Comparing materials, 15" Gerber/3M Scotchcal was .76 a running foot in the US and $3.00 a running foot in Australia.

These kinds of variations were and still are commonplace and not limited to Gerber's arrangements once you get overseas due to monopolistic practices. As the Australian dealer stated to me, "The problem in the US is to get something sold. The problem here is to get something to sell." He ultimately became wealthy by picking up distribution on a then unknown brand named Mimaki.

I have no idea what Khalid's situation is. I do know that if you surf around to most technology sites you will encounter a page requiring you to select the part of the world you are in before you get to see products and prices. So I tend to think that exclusive distribution deals and inflated prices is still the way of much of the world including the Middle East. I am prepared to give Khalid the benefit of the doubt until I'm shown differently.

OldPaint

i did a ALPS PRINTER purchase and shipped it to denmark...for a guy over there. seems they didnt sell ALPS, in his part of the country.