• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who can get this done?

ironchef

Good evening everyone, please advise on what material this is and where i camn get it done. To me it looks like a thin, flexible shiny plastic. Is this screen printed or solvent printed?
Thanks guys

Attachments

• image-1441596352.jpg
    image-1441596352.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 53

phototec

Good evening everyone, please advise on what material this is and where i camn get it done. To me it looks like a thin, flexible shiny plastic. Is this screen printed or solvent printed?
Thanks guys

Com'on, it's right in front of you can't you tell?

We can't tell what it is from a blurry photo!

Get a magnifying glass or loupe and look at the edge real close, if it is screen printed, you will see the screen pattern at the edge.

Most likely screen printed

JBusch260

Looks screen printed to me. Does it need to be exactly the same material? You can either get it screen printed, or they do make solvent printable PVC. It will vary in exact results, but it really just depends on what your final product needs to be for the customer.

gregwallace

Looks screen printed. White borders are very common in screen printing. Maybe thats a thin styrene .020 or .040. Most sign shops could duplicate that fairly well either by screen printing/flatbed direct printing or printing decals and mounting them.

Pat Whatley

Any chance those are thin plastic static clings?

(and before some smartass answers for you there is a thin smooth plastic static cling material that works a hell of a lot better than the flimsy crap everybody tries to use)

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Looks screen printed to me, but does it really matter? If you can't tell, the customer probably can't either. How many do you need? If you only need one or two, then screen printing is going to be really expensive compared to a digital print or just laying vinyl.

I have worked with a thin .020 gloss rigid vinyl before (Gill has some in the back of their catalog). It's like a thin credit card material. I bet it's something like that.

What probably more important, is the application, how many you need and whether it will be outdoors baking in the sun's destructive UV rays for years.

If you do need more than a dozen or so, we would love to screen this for you!

ironchef

Thanks everyone, i think its styrene, but it really doesnt matter aslong as its rigid enough, its for indoors. I need 50-100 depending on price.

Richard G

I am up north in Oakland Park and print on styrene all the time. send it up to my e-mail on Monday with the sizes etc. and I will give you a quote.