• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who do you guys buy your Flourescent -> LED conversion bulbs from?

WhatsYourSign?

We've been getting them from Glantz but I feel like I've seen some on here talk about some other options but despite my best search efforts, I've not been able to find them.

Any help would be appreciated, whether friendly or snarky!

Thanks guys.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Glantz's sticks are nice and a pretty quick change out. We've used them for a bunch already.

Richard2717

If you are talking about the Keystone sticks, I am very leery of using them. While I love the concept of getting rid of all the external power supplies and wiring the sockets up for 120 I don't put any faith in the brand.My sales rep at Pioneer (before they got bought out by the people that still have never let me know) convinced me to try the keystone sign ballasts. Big mistake on my part. 100% failure rate and out of the ones I sent back only 1 gave me a store credit that ended up worthless. I pulled the remaining ballasts out of inventory and trashed them. I just laugh at the sales guys when they walk in with the keystone brochures. I use Sloan prism sticks. Never have had a failure with them other than several years back when they had the bad power supply problem. I had 7 ps go bad in a 100' hi rise a couple months after installed and they made it right including the crane bill. I am sure not everyone has had the same outcome, just offering up my experience

We have a wall sign here in town that another company converted to LED. It is roughly 6' tall by 40' long and in less than a year has about 80% failure. I would love to know the brand installed and may get the chance before it is over. The other company seems to be backing away from it. Regardless of the warranty issue I would never make the customer wait while it went thru process. My customer loyalty is worth more to my long run than a short term hit to the pocket

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Throw them on the neighbor's property. He runs over them with his machinery and grinds them into teeny-tiny pieces and ya can't see them anymore............................. :covereyes: