Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you use for Promotional Pens, etc.?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by Border, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    Looking for recommendations. I want to order some pens and don't want them to be junk or write like crap.
    Figured I minus well :Big Laugh check here for any suggestions based on previous experience.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

We order promo pens through cheappens.com. We have a Norwood/Bic direct account and we cannot even get them directly from Bic as cheap as we can from cheappens...

3. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    There is another thread on this from a week or two back...Lots of good info....

But I use www.cedarcrestmfg.com

4. Border

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    I tried several search terms and couldn't come up with any s101 threads on the topic, although I know it's been brought up in the past.

Cheappens.com does look fairly decent from what I can see. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

5. royster13

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    Sorry border it was at a different place....

6. Blaney

Blaney Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Springfield Illinois
    I've had good luck with print4less.com.

7. klemgraphics

klemgraphics Active Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Midwest
    I use Hub Pen a lot, if you set up as a distributor you get self promotion specials a couple times a year. Nice pens, reasonable prices.

8. tynis

tynis New Member

Mar 19, 2011
    We have used Hit Promo several times. They have a good selection and so far we have received quality imprints. Of course the quality of your artwork is critical on small space the pens offer for imprint. good luck.

9. cartoad

cartoad Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Yakima, WA
    +2 For Hub Pens, good pens, good smooth writing, reasonable. They also are very good and helpfull to work with. We recently ordered in 2,000 for a client and he is very happy with them, we also ordered 1,000 for our use.

10. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    my only recommendation is... what ever company you choose and whichever pen you decide to go with... get them to send you a sample pen and write with it for a few days before ordering!!!

i spend a decent amount of money on what i thought were really nice pens, had them laser engraved, they looked great and felt nice in your hand.... turned out to be really crappy. the metal tips would fall off and the clicker would get stuck inside and wouldn't retract anymore.

11. Accelerated Graphics

Accelerated Graphics Active Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Burleson
    x3 on hub pen, I have a couple different styles on the front counter and people love them..

12. The Equipment Guy

The Equipment Guy Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Across the border in St Catherines, Ont. Jayline is a good bet. Great bunch of people.

www.jay-line.com

Craig

13. Border

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    Thanks for all the tips!

14. WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS Active Member

May 29, 2008
    pa
    try bicgraphic.com we sell a ton of clic stic pens

15. grafixemporium

grafixemporium Very Active Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    What are some of your favorite pens from Hub Pen?

16. royster13

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    Look for the Hub Pens that have an "ultra smooth writing cartridge".....This is an upgraded refill that writes very smooth and has a long shelf life.....Javalina, Mardi Gras, Clipper, etc....