• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who has a good STANDOFF Source ??

miltondavis

Im looking for good source for Standoff's -
Im specifically looking for 3/8" diameter x 1" and havent found any good/ affordable source?
(Ive already called - gyford, novadisplay, mbs which either dont have this size or its too expensive to custom produce- gyford quoted $13.50ea and I need a quantity of 450! that $6,075..crazy!)

Anybody have a good recommendations? please point to the link for the website if available.

Thanks!

cdiesel

We use Gyford. They're expensive, but they're good. Our clients don't have a problem paying for them.

miltondavis

thanks all-
so far it seems the only feasible option is dumping the idea of getting 3/8" and going with 1/2" if the client allows it- cost from mbs is $.98ea + $77ea for complete system with anchor and screw.

miltondavis

thanks brandon for the correction on the anchor + screw! .77ea is what they quoted over the phone, but after getting a emailed quote they discounted to .51ea (anchor & screw)

miltondavis

thanks Rick- so far signmarts the only one found with 3/8- after adding an anchor/screw its closer to $4ea- they said this is already at the 50% discount.

@ weasel & steve - good call on the outwater source, their 1/2" diameter standoff is almost 40% less per unit than the mbs versions I were looking at. a couple dollars per stand off is a great price eitherway but when looking at Quantity:450+ it adds up quick!

anybody have a good suggestions on sanding down a lot of these at one time- opposed to individual (im going to have to custom paint each one- I was wondering if my brass tumbler would scuff em up or polish them more???)