• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

who has pix of prev set ups at your show?

davidcarr87

just curious..
who has pictures they wanna share of their set ups..at flea markets, shows etc etc...even your show room

iSign

here's a blog post about a small table I set up at a small business awards banquet a year or so back... I made a slide show loop of my website gallery, so that was a pretty captivating attention grabber & then a nice full color banner on the front & lots of dimensional samples all around... it wasn't really a selling opportunity, but it was free, so for exposure, I do things like that now & again & consider it worthwhile, even if I can't always prove it...

CentralSigns

I went to the flash site it was awesome. I'd love to have a site like that. Huge dollars to design and build I suspect. I'm just to little to afford a layout that good quite yet.

iSign

Even just having a gallery alone is a powerful tool. You gotta start somewhere, so I suggest you gather up your best photos & then once you have invested in accumulating photos of your work, that experience will remind you to take more, and then you can make a slide show pretty easily now days..

I got one of those digital picture frames at a garage sale & now have the same images running on that thing at the front counter..

..and if you saw the "sign planning guide" link next to my "table pic" that I posted, that is another marketing tool I was able to put together that relied heavily on having those photos.

You can flip through the guide here.

SignManiac

I've never done any promotional trade or business shows, but believe strongly in having a physical gallery in your storefront, house or shop. It just makes it super easy to sell a particular type of sign when the client can see and feel with their eyes and hands, the real deal. Not every person automatically knows what a carved sign is when you try to explain it to them on the phone or someplace other than your shop.

I'm not even a retail shop but can attest to the value of having a nice gallery of work with a variety of mediums that you work in. This is what I've put together over the years. The wall is 10'h. x 30'w. and showcases, carved, blasted, digital, hand painted, dimensional letters, magnetic and some other oddball stuff.

Attachments

• Skywatch gallery wall.jpg
    Skywatch gallery wall.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 68

mrchips

I've got one that has made a living for me for 32 years.

Show me yours, and I'll show you mine.

:noway:

:toasting:

:ROFLMAO:

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

davidcarr87

well i dont have a show room or any kind of display :p
i hand deliver everything..and meet my customers at their place of business or at a resturant :p

sorry...thats why i asked for this..
curious what everyone else out there is doing..im looking into getting a retail space..and need some ideas on what to do...

i do sell a lot of stickers..just plain stickers...any size..starting at 1sq ft...

just sold a whole bunch of stickers and stuff to the local fire dept..
and some mags too..but we do all kinda stuff, coro, magnets, business cards, shirts, koozies, cups, etc etc...

mrchips

Thanks,

Sorry (really), I can't help you.

I sell a very, very different product to a very different group of customers. I'm just carved signs......that's all. My display/presentation would be of no use to you.

But,

Good Luck!!!!!:thumb:

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

davidcarr87

its cool...i have seen a few guys...one guy had nothing but like 6 sheets of coro lined with clip art...i didnt know what to say....lol