• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who has shipped a printer before?

toodark

What comapny did you use. I am purchasing a printer out of Willowbrook, IL and getting it shipped to Bossier City, La and I am looking for a shipping company

Thanks
Tad

Mine was shipped to me via R+L Carriers. I can't recommend them. Their dispatcher gave me wrong information about when the truck would arrive and what kind of equipment I'd need to unload the crate. They told me to expect the truck at 10 or 11 am. The driver showed up at 4:45 and was a first-class prick.

CustomRide

Call a craters and freighters...then sign up for a yrc.com account then get a quote from them via phone takes 10 minutes and they will email it to you then ask craters and freighters to get a ship quote too....I found if you tell craters and freighters you found shipping cheaper they will match your price. Ship your printer under class 70 ( machinery ) we have shipped soljets to Miami, Cali and internationally with YRC and C&F.

Make sure its packed right or your going to have a nice headache on your hands. I would suggest getting it wrapped in shrink wrap too to try and keep moisture out as much as possible.

Make sure the factory bracket used to keep the heads in place for transport is installed or your heads will be dried up solid when it makes it to you.

artbot

make sure you stress to the craters that the floor is strong. over the years that is one of the main things i've seen done wrong. a wheel will go through the floor and make the whole machine unstable.

Attachments

• crate.jpg
    crate.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 96
  • crate2.jpg
    crate2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 86
  • crate3.jpg
    crate3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 100