Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has shipped a printer before?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by toodark, Nov 17, 2010.

1. toodark

toodark Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Minot, ND
    What comapny did you use. I am purchasing a printer out of Willowbrook, IL and getting it shipped to Bossier City, La and I am looking for a shipping company

Thanks
    Tad

Tags:
  2. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Abf

3. Zzyzx

Zzyzx New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    So Cal
    UPS Express
    Chuck

4. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    Mine was shipped to me via R+L Carriers. I can't recommend them. Their dispatcher gave me wrong information about when the truck would arrive and what kind of equipment I'd need to unload the crate. They told me to expect the truck at 10 or 11 am. The driver showed up at 4:45 and was a first-class *****.

5. CustomRide

CustomRide Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Call a craters and freighters...then sign up for a yrc.com account then get a quote from them via phone takes 10 minutes and they will email it to you then ask craters and freighters to get a ship quote too....I found if you tell craters and freighters you found shipping cheaper they will match your price. Ship your printer under class 70 ( machinery ) we have shipped soljets to Miami, Cali and internationally with YRC and C&F.

Make sure its packed right or your going to have a nice headache on your hands. I would suggest getting it wrapped in shrink wrap too to try and keep moisture out as much as possible.

Make sure the factory bracket used to keep the heads in place for transport is installed or your heads will be dried up solid when it makes it to you.

6. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    make sure you stress to the craters that the floor is strong. over the years that is one of the main things i've seen done wrong. a wheel will go through the floor and make the whole machine unstable.

Attached Files:

7. toodark

toodark Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Minot, ND
    Thanks for the replies