• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who has the best price on Gold Leaf?

John L

I should have checked current prices before sending those last few signs out... I just used up the last of a full pack I had bought a while back.

Who has the best price on 23kt patent leaf (gold) right now?

k.a.s.

I have not compared prices lately but I always buy from Pioneer Supply, (1-800-545-2233) they seem to have good prices on most everything.

Kevin

Ken Sankey

Are you merely price shopping, or is quality a concern? Just wondering what application you are doing, surface or raised letters on a sign? W & B from Chicago has a great price on 23k double that the quality is not only great but price per pack can't be beat. If your looking for best prices, gotta go to the sources. Sepp and Easy leaf are also big importers of gold Manetti and Croc which come out of Germany. What I really like about W & B is its a family business here in the U.S., easy to work with and knowledgeable. They could also set you up with other brands, Manetti as well as Dresner and Blach( if I spelled that right. Hope this helps.

Jillbeans

I tried their paint while in Scotland and really liked it. Shipping it here might be expensive tho. (paint)
They are very nice people.
What about Sepp or QH&F? Or Glantz?
Remember that one guy from Leo Ufelder (SP) who used to call?
I believe he's passed away now, he sounded like Henry Kissinger.
I kinda miss him, he was nice.
Love...Jill

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I tried their paint while in Scotland and really liked it. Shipping it here might be expensive tho. (paint)
They are very nice people.
What about Sepp or QH&F? Or Glantz?
Remember that one guy from Leo Ufelder (SP) who used to call?
I believe he's passed away now, he sounded like Henry Kissinger.
I kinda miss him, he was nice.
Love...Jill

I remember that guy Jill... he was a hoot to talk to. Always trying to sell you something more. I never got off the phone with him without feeling like I had just been interviewed about my entire inventory of supplies. The guy was a great salesman. I love guys like that.

Jillbeans

That's it! Art Essentials had the Henry Kissinger guy.
Also, Sepp has donated a lot to my Letterhead meets and they do know their stuff.

John L

I remember that guy too. Once a year.. the interview. haha You're all right on that one.

There was another off brand I bought a full pack of once from an online seller to take a try. The books were labeled "FRM Gold Leaf 23kt xxx". I was skeptical but It worked just as well as the main brands, still lasting just as long as best I can tell, and I recall I saved around 30% over the regulars.. and even more than 30% when compared to Glantz and Pioneer prices. I later (years ago now) saw that brand name advertised on ebay from another seller but I didnt buy. I have lost contact info from who I bought from and I couldn't find anything worth looking at on ebay. Google search results returned in Italian.

signmeup

I can't find a web site for W&B. Anyone got it? I wanted to check out their prices before I order more gold. Sepp don't seem to have a price list on their site.

John L

Signmeup - if it is good stuff, you have the source as far as I can tell.

By the book.. Glantz and Pioneer are almost $50 us /book. I dunno their pack price.

Others currently quoted per pack (20 books)-
For Monarch $698 us
Minetti $687
Croc $654
W&B is a pretty good value and available quickly, at just over $530, if it will hold up long term.

I am waiting to hear about a pack cost from Wright's of Lymm.

signmeup

It will be interesting to hear. I've forgotten what the over "10 book" discount is. I also can't remember if the website lists it's prices with VAT included or not. Make sure you ask...it's 17% as I recall. You don't pay it if you don't live in England.

TheSellOut

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned them but you should check the prices from the Earl Mich Co. www.earlmich.com

There are some great people there, ask for Bob Balabuska (←dont think I spelled it right but that's the way it sounds!