• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who has the coolest beer (soda) fridge in their shop?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ok...we've all seen your rides. So now, who on the forum has the coolest beer (or soda) fridge in their shop?

JB

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Not in my shop, but I want one!

A Beer Claw!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 698498.JPG
    698498.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 150

SignManiac

I haven't started on mine yet for the man cave, but plan to fill it with a keg of Heineken on tap after it gets the full steam punk treatment to the outside.

No Name

I don´t have a picture at hand but I have an old FIAT (from the -60´s).

I also have (in my "man cave / music room") a Rosenlew fridge from the 50´s, you know the one that looks like a VW Transporter from that era.

Both work just fine and are in daily use :rock-n-roll:

Ours is far from the coolest...but it works. Found this little Kenmore gem as a scratch and dent clearance item for under $100.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fridge.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 146

James Burke

I don't have mine done yet, but here's what I'm thinking. It oughta keep out any moochers.

JB

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 108

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
In progress...... it came with the property we bought a couple of years ago. I've actually run it already a good bit but it has since been dismantled for its overhaul. When I first gave it a bit of juice I found that it just needed a new relay and it fired right up and started cooling great. So I poked around and determined it to be a 1946 GE Flat Top. Its mostly complete but someone had painted it a butt ugly puke yellow in its life and it had some dents, badly needed a new door seal, etc, etc. so the the project began and is still in progress. So far I've totally dismantled it, all the chrome bits have been sent off and re-chromed, cut out and replaced the lower pan, body work is done, started experimenting with vinyl for fun (blue chrome on brushed black metallic) and plan on hopefully finishing it up sometime this summer. Also added some low profile wheels since it was nightmarishly heavy and hard to move around and want to mod the lower cover into a tilt out drawer. It was also missing on shelf, had a friend duplicate the one I had in new steel rod stock. Going to have both of those powder coated in simulation chrome (they appear to have been originally galvanized). Only other mod will be to convert the inside light to LED. Have some brand new welting, door seal made, new modern insulation, and lastly I need to fabricate some sort of lower grille (a narrow one right near the floor) and decide on a final finish. Might be paint, might be wrapped in vinyl, might be a combination of both. Have not decided yet.... Will be sweet when its done though. :)

Pics - as found sitting out in the back storage building, gutted and in progress, shiny new chrome, and goofing with vinyl....

Attachments

• found.jpg
    found.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 120
  • gutted.jpg
    gutted.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 135
  • chrome.jpg
    chrome.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 114
  • shiny.jpg
    shiny.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 114

James Burke

In progress......

Wow, thanks for this memory jogger. My dad had an old one like this in his shop during the 70s. He used to clean out his paint gun by spraying the excess paint or thinner on the door. It was truly a work of art by the time he scrapped it out.

JB

DirtyD

It's currently at the house.. I thought about putting it in my office but who knows.. It;s a 15 gallon deep freezer with thermostat overide controller and wood frame.. The top lifts up as normal and that's where the keg sits

Attachments

• kegerater.jpg
    kegerater.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 122