Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Who has the Whitest High performance Reflective vinyl???

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by the east coast kid, Dec 27, 2018.

1. the east coast kid

the east coast kid Member

Aug 31, 2006
    NJ
    I have found the 3M reflective to be silverish... and not a Brite white........ sugestions?

Also it needs to last..........

Thanks all

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Nikkalite is one to look at also.

3. the east coast kid

the east coast kid Member

Aug 31, 2006
    NJ
    I think I have used it in other colors, I found it to be brittle.... when weeding it.

4. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    contact your local rep and ask for samples.
    all of the reflective films we have used, (Oracal, 3M, Avery, etc) all have a silver tint. unaware of a "bright white"

the grade of the reflective will also play a factor in the amount of "white"

5. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    We've used several brands of reflective and I think just by their nature without bright direct light they all look silver. But I would be interested in a whiter version as well.

6. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Nikkalite is pretty brittle and has a yellow tint. It's also going to be dependent on the direction of the beads or whatever reflective "tech" it's using. 3M that we use can appear more white when turned one direction, but more yellow in the other direction. Really messed us up on a panel job once.

7. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    20180824_173537.jpg I have a perfect photo for this. Z stripe on a fire truck over those roll-up panels. New 3M 180C white.. a few areas on the roll-ups got messed, so I grabbed some scrap, which happened to be FDC. Took a photo... FDC stood out like a sore thumb. Looked identical out of a direct beam - shone much brighter in the beam.

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  8. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    If white is required, I would print white onto the reflective with my Edge but at 85 or 90%. It still allows the reflective to show through but would give a white appearance.