• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who is running their Mimaki 24/7?

WB

we have a 54" and a 64".. I rarely print on 60" material.. save your $$ get a 54"

Artgunner

Something else to keep in mind is... now that the job is complete can I keep the second printer going or is it a boat anchor that I must babysit? I own a JV33 too and enjoy the service.

Art

petesign

I had a JV-3 at a previous job, and it ran nearly 24/5 .... never had problems with it other than keeping it clean. I had set up a webcam I could look at from home and keep an eye on the prints. Get you one of those, and set up logmein.com on your pc so you can stop the jobs if you notice troubles with your prints coming off of your machine.

That was 5 years ago, and I just got a JV33 with the uninterruptable ink supply for that very reason - I am going to (hopefully) have enough business to run it night and day. A little help for you, if I am not mistaken, my old JV3 is still running almost non-stop still today. I wouldn't worry about it, personally.

Congrats on the great order! Send some my way :)
-Pete

MikePro

Only problem I've ever had is the take-up reel tube coming loose, that is not a pretty sight when you come in the next morning,

omg YES! It hasn't ONLY happened to me!

I say just go for it:
One already reliable printer, no extra costs/headaches, and a hungry client is recipe for PROFIT!
Bank that money, put it to good use elsewhere.... like a down payment on that JV5 you're lookin' at.

SAS

we have a 54" and a 64".. I rarely print on 60" material.. save your $$ get a 54"

I have a jv33-160 I print 5 ft. banners all the time printing a 5 x 20 now for a back drop at a trade show.
If I had it to over I would not buy a Mimaki I would get a Roland I'm 3.5 hours away from a service tech, If I would have got a Roland there is 2 only an hour away. But at the time I did not think of that.