Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who makes the best UV LED printer for ada signs

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Robert Wilcox, Feb 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Robert Wilcox

Robert Wilcox New Member

Feb 22, 2021
    New York
    I want to start making ada compliant signs.
    What company should I buy the machine from?

Tags:
  2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Only "Legal" one is Direct Color Systems, but many people have success with Vanguard (Like Us) and Canon. You really have to see what your state laws allow for.

3. Robert Wilcox

Robert Wilcox New Member

Feb 22, 2021
    New York
    States allow and disallow certain processes of making ada signs? Any idea where I can find that info? I’m in New York (King Cuomo’s Kingdom)

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    no, DCS just owns the patent for the use of a UV printer to build-up layers of ink to 3D print the Braille/Lettering...or at least the sale of a system that is designed for this purpose. If that's your direction, then I'm sure they're the ones to call in a pinch.

Otherwise RasterBraille options are available through Accent Sign Systems or Photopolymer options through NovaPhotopolymers, but to simply print them then just contact DCS.

5. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Yes, certain states have additional rules. You would have to find the rules for New York. For instance in California if you print signs and they inspect your shop. If it's not DCS, you will get fined and the signs will not pass.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robert Wilcox

Robert Wilcox New Member

Feb 22, 2021
    New York
    Woah, didn’t know that. I’m sure NYS has the most rules out of any state. I was ready to purchase a DCS printer but then I googled reviews and they were not pleasant.

7. StratoJet

StratoJet Merchant Member

Aug 31, 2020
    USA
    Check State/County/City requirements or what’s laid out in your customers contract. Braille is what will need to be to code and CA is the strictest; we have multiple printers printing ADA/Braille in CA. Again, just check it out before you buy a printer for just that purpose.

8. bowtievega

bowtievega Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Gilbert, AZ
    Curious on where that info is coming from? I realize we are talking about California here lol so anything is possible.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  9. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    That is coming from direct experience with a client.

• Like Like x 1