Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who makes this wrap material

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by IGD, Dec 13, 2012.

1. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    this wrap color is the bees knees, I must have it. anyone know who makes it and whats the outdoor life?its a pearl white

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Looks like a hexis one. I've got a sample of it at my shop. When I get there I'll get you the exact color name. It has a hint of purple in it when the light hits it just right.

3. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    Avery's got a pearl too, I've heard it doesn't cover the base color so well.

4. Haakon

Haakon Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Norway
  5. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Haakon is right, it is the Hexis HX30BPEB. I have a sample of it here that I'm looking at. There is also the HX30RDIB which has more of the purplish pearl in it.

6. WrapZone

WrapZone Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Hexis like everyone says, and Grafityp makes pearl like that aswell.
    Saw in another post that you are about to do your first wrap, just so you know this is not a good vinyl to practice with it takes some skill to wrap with the color shifting vinyl and it is quite expensive to practice with aswell.

7. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    thanks for the response guys and I dont think Ill be ordering any hexis for my first full wrap I think ill stick with the avery since ive heard its easy to work with , love this pearl tho, its crazy that you can get this kinda color from a wrap

8. Haakon

Haakon Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Norway
    I have samples of the Avery Supreme Wrapping film range here, and its true like johnnysigns says, the pearl (or any light color in the range) does not cover the base colour well. So if your car has different coloured body panels (light paint and black bumpers for example) the basecolour will affect the final outcome.