• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who would have produced these for Trump??

Billct2

Yea, I wonder if the company covered themselves in the contract or if they end up getting screwed.

DerbyCitySignGuy

If they are stiffing their contractors then they have to venture out and find new ones to take the bait....

HAHA.:clapping:

Probably not far from the truth.

The Trump organization has a history of hiring little guys to do big (for them) jobs and then stiffing them, since they generally don't have the capital for protracted legal battles.

papabud

Lone Wolf
reading the article. i was unclear if they confirmed who ordered it or if they just drew assumptions.
and it says some shop designed the logo to be placed on the golf tees.
so if they designed it. was it the official seal or a look alike.
it doesnt say it violated any law. but an ethics committee says they feel like it did.
was there any charges filed? if not then its just a lot of nothing.

rjssigns

Probably not far from the truth.

The Trump organization has a history of hiring little guys to do big (for them) jobs and then stiffing them, since they generally don't have the capital for protracted legal battles.

Had not heard of this. Do you have any specifics?

DerbyCitySignGuy

Had not heard of this. Do you have any specifics?

There have been several articles over the years. Since there 80s there have been over 200 liens placed on various Trump owned companies. I think they ranged from like tens of thousands of dollars to over a million bucks.

He's also been cited for failing to adhere to the Fair Labor Standards Act a bunch of times for employee wage and hour theft.

The one that sprang to my mind was the architect that did some work for Trump, devoting all of his small company's resources to a job that Trump didn't pay on. I think he put the dude out of business (or nearly did so). I'll see if I can find it.

[Edit: This article is the first one that came up and has several examples.]

Last edited:

rjssigns

There have been several articles over the years. Since there 80s there have been over 200 liens placed on various Trump owned companies. I think they ranged from like tens of thousands of dollars to over a million bucks.

He's also been cited for failing to adhere to the Fair Labor Standards Act a bunch of times for employee wage and hour theft.

The one that sprang to my mind was the architect that did some work for Trump, devoting all of his small companies resources to a job that Trump didn't pay on. I think he put the dude out of business (or nearly did so). I'll see if I can find it.

[Edit: This article is the first one that came up and has several examples.]
Interesting. Thanks for the post.

ams

Let's make sure we keep political views off this forum. I don't support any side, but it's too much drama.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Let's make sure we keep political views off this forum. I don't support any side, but it's too much drama.

Seeing as this is the "General Chit-Chat" forum, I don't see why politics would be off limits, but also nobody has espoused any political viewpoints in this thread. Just pointed out that Trump is a scumbag business man, which everybody pretty much already knew.

T_K

Seeing as this is the "General Chit-Chat" forum, I don't see why politics would be off limits, but also nobody has espoused any political viewpoints in this thread. Just pointed out that Trump is a scumbag business man, which everybody pretty much already knew.

I thought disliking Trump was a bipartisan position anyway. It's one way to bring the country together.

ams

It's not that it's a rule that it's off limits, but people don't know when to keep their mouths shut with politics and it creates a huge amount of drama. Every time it gets out of hand, I just want to punch people in the nuts.