• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

who would make a 3d sign?

gabagoo

I have a govt agency that wants me to source them someone to make 4 or 5 24" x 24" 3 dimensional signs in colour of their coat of arms.
It is pretty detailed stuff and I have no idea who would handle something like this let alone what type of file they would need to work from.

Anyone in the Ontario area specialize in this sort of signage?

Mosh

Check with Gemini. I had them cast some coat of arms and they looked pretty good.
they were for a sub-division and were 24x24, not super detail though.

J Hill Designs

I remember a thread where someone 3d routed a coat of arms and then flatbed printed directly to it...I will try and search for it

SignManiac

Anything dimensional will most likely require a vector file. I had someone request several military coat of arm files two weeks ago. It was another sign company. There was a ton of fine detail. It could be done, but man it was going to be expensive. On the conservative side I estimated each piece at close to a $1,000. and none of them were larger than 2'x2'

signmeup

Let's see a pic. It might be possible to hand carve them. In fact... it might be better to hand carve them.

Last edited:

UFB Fabrication

Check with Gemini. I had them cast some coat of arms and they looked pretty good.
they were for a sub-division and were 24x24, not super detail though.

One one my customers customers said they just bought from gemeni direct. Gemeni needs to choose who they want to sell to till then then can kiss my a** and my business goodbye.

Remember folks if you and your customer can buy from them they are a competitor.

PS I will follow up and pass along how a retail customer came to buy them. Looks like a few online site that look just like gemini and even have gemini in the company name and web addy can buy direct.

Last edited:

iSign

One one my customers customers said they just bought from gemeni direct. Gemeni needs to choose who they want to sell to till then then can kiss my a** and my business goodbye.

Remember folks if you and your customer can buy from them they are a competitor.

my uncles uncles uncle said they don't do that... in fact of all the wholesale providers in this industry, I consider then to be at the top in that regard, so perhaps you should prove your 3rd hand information before spouting like fact here...

CanuckSigns

I would be looking for a but more proof before calling out a well established company on a public forum. Don't get me wrong, Gemini has their issues (lead time, QC issues) but i've never heard of them selling direct to end users. Yes they will sell to construction companies and architects, which my be your customer, but that is not the same as selling to the end user.

Letterbox Mike

I would be looking for a but more proof before calling out a well established company on a public forum. Don't get me wrong, Gemini has their issues (lead time, QC issues) but i've never heard of them selling direct to end users. Yes they will sell to construction companies and architects, which my be your customer, but that is not the same as selling to the end user.

+1, except we've never had an issue with their lead times or quality either, they are a top notch vendor and are very strict about who they sell to.

Gabagoo, try calling up Dan Sawatzky, this sounds like it may be up his alley, although I don't know if the budget will allow for his work. He's in Canada at least.

CanuckSigns

To be fair, I think alot of the issues we have been having have to do with the fact that they pulled all their manufacturing plants out of Canada, so their lead times have suffered for us. The QC problems have all been fixed very quickly and overall we are very happy with them.

+1, except we've never had an issue with their lead times or quality either, they are a top notch vendor and are very strict about who they sell to.

Gabagoo, try calling up Dan Sawatzky, this sounds like it may be up his alley, although I don't know if the budget will allow for his work.

A

Aaron SDF

At Sign Design and Fabrication we recently created a coat of arms for a customer that wanted more of an artsy spin to match the artwork they provided. We have manufactured standard coat of arms in the past, however this piece was hand tooled to create the textures and odd shapes represented in their proof and requests. We aren't located in Canada, but we do ship there, and we can create just about anything.

picture.php
picture.php

Check us out in the merchant member section, visit SignDesignandFabrication.com, or send me a PM!

UFB Fabrication

I may have to eat my words but as I said the Restaurant owner showed up at his shop with brand new letters with LED's installed in a Gemini box. The Restaurant owner was not clever enough to put them up so the went to a sign company and get them to put them on " one of those raceway thingys"

He may not have got them direct from Gemini but with hundreds of resellers and internet outlets they are still hurting real sign shops.

I have phone calls in to see who/how the restaurant guy got them and post my result.

grampa dan

This sounds like a piece of cake for us. If possible I would like a vector file if it is available - or else the customer would have to pay us to create one from scratch.

Creating dimensional projects is all we do.

-dan

gabagoo

Thanks guys, I will take all your advice and call this customer back and get a better feel for what he needs. I know it is for the executive offices. I have a vector file as well so that is no problem.

Thanks for the PM mr Watson...I looked through his pics and I see a similar type of sign they have done so this guy might be the best bet:thankyou: for me and he is in Ontario. Thank you