• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who Would Win

petepaz

i am no expert on trucks or motors but i think the chevy 1500 would win. i think the ford 350 would be geared more for power/towing rather than speed

skyhigh

I think that went over his head Mike.

But let me answer that question. He may win with the camper aboard......if we were racing down a hill.
:rolleyes:

skyhigh

A friend of mine bought a new '03 6.0 like yours and we had the same discussion, raced 1/4 mile and I beat him...barely.

You, Signage and myself are all about the same age. Not spilling the beans on just how old that is....but.....maybe too old to be drag racing our buddies?
.Nahhhhhh....I'm never gonna grow up. :Big Laugh

but officer.....we were only drag racing for a this case of beer in the back seat.

SignosaurusRex

You, Signage and myself are all about the same age. Not spilling the beans on just how old that is....but.....maybe too old to be drag racing our buddies?
.Nahhhhhh....I'm never gonna grow up. :Big Laugh

but officer.....we were only drag racing for a this case of beer in the back seat.

You are absolutely right there John! Never too old to kick it in the arss (pedal to metal) now and then...especially with good buds.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Umm.

Chevy.. Easy mathematics would prove that

What mathematics would that be?

As far as one vice the other, I should think that an 1/8 mile, a massive 660 feet, would depend very much on rear-end gearing. I used to have an '89 Chevrolet C20 4wd with a 350 engine [what ever that might be in liters, a silly way to measure of displacement and every bit as asinine as the rest of the metric system] and a 4.30 rear end that was a most impressive stop light machine. That same truck with 3.36 gears would need a little time to get rolling. Likewise my current 2010 F250 4wd diesel with a 3.3something rear end is not going to snap anyone's neck off the line.