Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just In Whoa Nellie..........................

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Gino, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    So, this guy emails me that he'd like to stop in and discuss his sign needs..... so I tell him where we're at. Turns out, I knew the guy from over 30 years ago or so, but haven't seen him, but maybe once or twice.

He gets here and tells me he's invented an alphabet and wants an artist to put it on sandwich boards. Then, he tells me, well, not boards, but fabric, but he doesn't have any idea what the fabric is gonna be that the seamstress is using. He can't talk to her, as she's closed right now for the covid19 stuff. He's not sure what the signs will say and he has no samples of the alphabet, as it's all in his head, but he cannot draw it. So, I said, I don't paint fabric, but I can print on it, but not knowing what it is, I'm not sure my ink will stick for very long. He said, but I want you to HAND paint it. Sorry Keith, but I don't paint fabric. So, he says again, you must hand paint it. No Kieth, I don't. Besides, the paints and inks are no good anymore for that sorta thing.

This is where it got weird. He backed up a few steps, his eyes got real big and he started yelling at me, nothings no good anymore in the world, right Gene ?? I said, I think you're gonna hafta......... and he went ballistic and started towards me and he blurted out, so you can't help me, huh ?? Nope, not anymore and I turned him towards the door and I ushered him out, but he still wanted to talk/yell and I pushed him and locked the door. Frickin' nut cakes all over the place.

No one is gonna get belligerent in MY place, unless I'm on their side.

I wanted to help him, but he wouldn't listen to reason and had no idea at all what he wanted.

Now, I remember why I haven't associated with him in over 30 years. :popcorn:

Tags:
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 5
  2. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I think someone that's invented their own alphabet, may have already lost it. Best wishes for the guy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. Stacey K

Stacey K I like making signs

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    WOW! Sounds like a nut case, hopefully you never see him again!

Good Riddance Alphabet Man!

4. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Beginnings of dementia maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    No, he was always frickin' nuts. I didn't like him 35 years ago and I still don't like him.

Hey, who are you ???? ? ??? ??​

6. David Wright

David Wright Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Wyandotte, Mi
    Reminds me of a long time customer I had with which I had good personal relations. One day after not seeing him in a couple of years he brings in a softball bat. He had won some award as homerun leader or such from his earlier days. Wants me to handpaint some words etc. on it and I tell him that it is just too small and difficult for me to do.
    After pressing me a few times and telling me I am able to do it he finally rage quits on me and runs out the door in rage.

Sad in a way.

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  7. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Was he hoping to mind meld with you so you could see his font catalogue in his head?

8. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Yea, I've had a few over the years. One that was a pita but we did a few nice projects for. He had a great well established business. Then he had a grand scheme to remake his building based on the paintings in a book of folk art. Actually a fairly easy project. Went round and round and round finally I said he needed to find someone else since I couldn't seem to figure out what he wanted. He flipped out.....and a couple years later the business was gone.

9. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj

i am a little confused. are you trying to say that ONLY SOME OF YOUR CLIENTS ARE THAT CRAZY. if that's the case:
    (1) i am jealous
    (2) I have been short changed, because this sounds like a typical day to me...

10. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Next time give them the number to your favorite competitor and tell them they do exactly what they are looking for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Gino does attract the crazies. Where's toad when you need him? I installed a bidet this afternoon.

12. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    What if he needed the signs to direct the aliens to his bunker so they could pick him up? Did you even consider that before you tossed him out?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    He was talking into his wrist, saying something about beaming me up Scottie, once he was outside.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I did. Whose phone rang this afternoon ??

15. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    For a good time call.....

16. neutrinocv

neutrinocv Member

Feb 17, 2020
    Montreal, QC
    As far as I'm concerned, any discussion with this nutjob would've stopped at the point where he could not draw what's in his head. Would've directed him to Staples and would assured him they did that sorta thing...

17. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Nobody raises their voice to Mom in my shop! ;-)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  18. Peachtree Signs

Peachtree Signs Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Norcross, GA
    you don't understand, his new alphabet was going to change the world, by removing all the annoying consonants and vowels speech with be more efficient and communication all over the globe will become one language and Keith will be revered as a language god, you really missed out here

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    My dad had up to 3 of those at a time when I was young. I like dogs but I hated those guys. Only dog that ever bit me (good) was one of them. My brother and I were the cleanup crew and I do not remember those dogs having a solid stool - ever.

20. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    My wife and I raised dobes for 35 years. The one in pic was Stan, son of my avatar, Dude. We had 5 from last litter between Dude and Darla for quite a while. Never had a bite in all the time we have had dobes. If stool was soft my wife would find out why, lol, they were her babies. Stan lived at her feet under her desk until he passed. His sister, my little red girl Ginger wasn't far behind him. We have not had dobes for two years now but are looking at rescues, there are a lot to choose from. Sorry to hear your experience was bad, we cannot imagine having any other breed. Most loyal, protective, intelligent, loving, wanting to be in physical contact velcro dogs we have had.