• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

whoa now! what is this? VJ1614?

GTSTECH

This is the new 64" ValueJet, it's been redesigned so that ink cartridges can install vertically and there is some increase in print speeds, price increase of $1500..

Color Dude

The print speed is the most noticed improvement. I am glad they finally debuted it. Basically it is the 1604 with a firmware upgrade which is supposed to increase the print speeds about 20 sq ft an hr. Normal print speed for that printer is roughly 185 sq ft an hr, with the new FW it should be about roughly 200 now. The vertical ink carts are nothing new, they havent been able to sell the units with it yet because they were working out some bugs. I saw this unit at the Long Beach show last year. Pretty cool.

randya

The ValueJet 1614 tops out around 185 sq.ft./hr in 720 mode and has upright cartridges.

We were trying to make the upright cartridge configuration a retrofit to existing 1604s, but that proved to be not cost effective.

rcboats1

We were trying to make the upright cartridge configuration a retrofit to existing 1604s, but that proved to be not cost effective.

What would it take/cost? I would love to change mine to upright cartridges if it was at all possible.

3dsignco

Will this Firmware update be available for all us Old Users with the Slowpoke 1604.. Joking I love the speed But faster is always better.

randya

I have heard with the vertical cartridges you can not use refillable ink carts. The ink runs through the system.Is this true?

The ValueJets have a subtank and valve system to keep ink from running through the system.

However, the current design of refill cartridges and the smart chips will prevent the use of ufills.

The upright design move the cartridges (especially the larger 440s) from hanging out the back to being upright on top of the machine.

It also allows for cartridges to be emptied more effectively.

randya

Will this Firmware update be available for all us Old Users with the Slowpoke 1604.. Joking I love the speed But faster is always better.

This firmware is not currently compatible with 1604s.

There are some hardware changes between the 1604 and 1614.