• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wholesale Flatbed Needed

mbarden

Hi Folks,
Looking for wholesale flatbed partner. Have an oportunity and need to back print 1/16" Clear Poly for eventual vacuum forming. Need to offer custom layouts from 1 to 25-50 pieces. Each piece may start as a 24" x 24" x 1\16" sheet before forming. Preferably close to eastern Iowa so shipping does not kill me. I was thinking Gerber Edge but finished product needs to be 17" x 17" so size limitation of Edge puts me out.
Is it possible to run clear poly through a Roland SP 540V and then manualy spray white backing? Also have a Roland CJ500 Pigment printer.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Mike
Big River Sign Co

mbarden

Ah yes, Summa cum lately. Forgot about those. Thanks for the reminder. Any body got one they want to give away to a good home?
Mike B

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you need flatbed capabilities or just digital printing, because you've mentioned Gerber Edge and Roland Eco-sol printers.... both of which are not flatbed.
We can print via Eco sol or flatbed for you, but we're in eastern PA.

For printing directly to 1/16" clear might be a little tricky because of U/V light possibly melting that thin of a substrate. We reverse print our clear, but its generally 1/8" or 3/16"

Typestries

Although we have a flatbed and do print to the trade wholesale, we would have to test our inks for thermoforming in your molds. Better off, call the flatbed thermoform expert here on the boards, Craig from Acrylic Designs in Springfield VT.