Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wholesale shirts

Discussion in 'Printwear' started by ICeMAnAbk, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ICeMAnAbk

ICeMAnAbk Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Hello,

Recently, an old friend contacted me about getting her some t shirts for her hairdresser class. So, it got me back into checking out wholesale blank t shirts. I'm looking for Gildan (of course). However, I remember paying a heck of a lot less a few years ago for shirts then what I've been findig lately. Anyone have any wholesalers they'd suggest? Doing my price shopping. Not looking for second rate / irregulars or cut tags.

btw, has the price of blank apparel gone up that much in the last few years?!

Tags:
  2. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Prices have gone up. I use Alpha Alphashirt.com You get better prices if you call in. At least I have in the past.

3. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
  4. amw

amw Member

+1 we use them also.

Marsha

5. jim wood

jim wood New Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I use SanMAR. Good Prices and free shipping.

6. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    free S/H how?
    Based on QTY or long time customer? our last couple of orders have not been free S/H

7. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    I use SanMar mostly. Free shipping at $200. But, their warehouse is close enough to go pickup for me.

Cotton has gone up in price if it's been awhile since you bought shirts.

8. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    +1 here, but I also get a trade discount as well through one of my trade groups. Due to people now going to more of the performance fabric type of shirts (at least with my experience anyway), I have found a very good selection from them.

9. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    There are so many T-Shirt suppliers, it wouldn't make any sense to use a supplier on the east coast if you are on the west coast.

Finding a good supplier close enough for 1 day ship and good inventory stocks is essential.

I use SS Activewear. May not be the cheapest price but its cheaper that others I've looked at, but they have tons of inventory, 1 day ship, free shipping with $150+ orders and I have it next day if I put my order in before 4pm.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I get them from S&S Activewear. I haven't ever really shopped around cause I don't do a ton of this stuff, but when I do, they always have what I'm looking for, so I have just always worked with them. Website is very user friendly.

11. ICeMAnAbk

ICeMAnAbk Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Whoa! lot of replies. Thanks for the input everyone. I was price shopping myself online, and kept seeing black Ts for roughly 3 a piece. Maybe I'm just imagining things but I think in 07 I was paying around 1.50 each.

Ya Olson, I do plan on trying to find the best bargin, but also reasonably close.

Guess it's time to start researching. Thanks again all.

12. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    If it helps you.

My S&S Costs:
    Gilden 2000 - 100% Cotton
    White - $1.49
    Black - $2.29

Gilden 8000 - 50/50
    White - $1.55
    Black - $2.19

13. amw

amw Member

14. binki

binki Very Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    Cotton prices went from about 40c a pound to over $2 at one point. It has come back down but the prices are still higher than 2 years ago.

A combination of a bad economy, bad forecasting by the mills, a major earthquake in Haiti that shut one mill down and hording by the growers sent prices up on the shirts by 10% a month 4 months in a row.

Since prices went up so much with raw cotton the planting at the end of last year was up 20% and has helped bring prices back down.

There was a time when we couldn't get black T's for about 6 weeks because of bad forecasting on wholesale sales.

But, finding a white shirt for a buck-twenty wholesale hasn't been seen since then.

Hope this helps your understanding of what happened to the price.

15. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

Yes
    NES, Alpha, and Broder Bros

16. slipperyfrog

slipperyfrog Active Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Same here. Love their service out of CA from their sister company Americana.

17. ICeMAnAbk

ICeMAnAbk Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Thanks for the info. I thought my head was going to spin off when I kept seen 3 a shirt hah. Explains a lot though with Haiti's situation.