• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wholesale shirts

ICeMAnAbk

Hello,

Recently, an old friend contacted me about getting her some t shirts for her hairdresser class. So, it got me back into checking out wholesale blank t shirts. I'm looking for Gildan (of course). However, I remember paying a heck of a lot less a few years ago for shirts then what I've been findig lately. Anyone have any wholesalers they'd suggest? Doing my price shopping. Not looking for second rate / irregulars or cut tags.

btw, has the price of blank apparel gone up that much in the last few years?!

showcase 66

Prices have gone up. I use Alpha Alphashirt.com You get better prices if you call in. At least I have in the past.

Air Art Girl

I use SanMar mostly. Free shipping at $200. But, their warehouse is close enough to go pickup for me.

Cotton has gone up in price if it's been awhile since you bought shirts.

OlsonSigns601

There are so many T-Shirt suppliers, it wouldn't make any sense to use a supplier on the east coast if you are on the west coast.

Finding a good supplier close enough for 1 day ship and good inventory stocks is essential.

I use SS Activewear. May not be the cheapest price but its cheaper that others I've looked at, but they have tons of inventory, 1 day ship, free shipping with $150+ orders and I have it next day if I put my order in before 4pm.

TheSnowman

I get them from S&S Activewear. I haven't ever really shopped around cause I don't do a ton of this stuff, but when I do, they always have what I'm looking for, so I have just always worked with them. Website is very user friendly.

ICeMAnAbk

Whoa! lot of replies. Thanks for the input everyone. I was price shopping myself online, and kept seeing black Ts for roughly 3 a piece. Maybe I'm just imagining things but I think in 07 I was paying around 1.50 each.

Ya Olson, I do plan on trying to find the best bargin, but also reasonably close.

Guess it's time to start researching. Thanks again all.

OlsonSigns601

If it helps you.

My S&S Costs:
Gilden 2000 - 100% Cotton
White - $1.49
Black - $2.29

Gilden 8000 - 50/50
White - $1.55
Black - $2.19

binki

Cotton prices went from about 40c a pound to over $2 at one point. It has come back down but the prices are still higher than 2 years ago.

A combination of a bad economy, bad forecasting by the mills, a major earthquake in Haiti that shut one mill down and hording by the growers sent prices up on the shirts by 10% a month 4 months in a row.

Since prices went up so much with raw cotton the planting at the end of last year was up 20% and has helped bring prices back down.

There was a time when we couldn't get black T's for about 6 weeks because of bad forecasting on wholesale sales.

But, finding a white shirt for a buck-twenty wholesale hasn't been seen since then.

Hope this helps your understanding of what happened to the price.

401Graphics

Same company as alphashirt...I think they go by many names.
I have been to the "nes" place in MI....and no NES name anywhere in site that I recall. I know on the wall was at least 3 or 4 dif company names.

No real point to this...just find it intresting.

Marsha
Yes
NES, Alpha, and Broder Bros

slipperyfrog

I get them from S&S Activewear. I haven't ever really shopped around cause I don't do a ton of this stuff, but when I do, they always have what I'm looking for, so I have just always worked with them. Website is very user friendly.

Same here. Love their service out of CA from their sister company Americana.

ICeMAnAbk

Cotton prices went from about 40c a pound to over $2 at one point. It has come back down but the prices are still higher than 2 years ago.

A combination of a bad economy, bad forecasting by the mills, a major earthquake in Haiti that shut one mill down and hording by the growers sent prices up on the shirts by 10% a month 4 months in a row.

Since prices went up so much with raw cotton the planting at the end of last year was up 20% and has helped bring prices back down.

There was a time when we couldn't get black T's for about 6 weeks because of bad forecasting on wholesale sales.

But, finding a white shirt for a buck-twenty wholesale hasn't been seen since then.

Hope this helps your understanding of what happened to the price.

Thanks for the info. I thought my head was going to spin off when I kept seen 3 a shirt hah. Explains a lot though with Haiti's situation.