• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wholesale supplier for custom neon signs?

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Every decent size city has a couple of one-man shops doing neon and neon sign repair for beer signs, channel letters, skeletal neon and whatever. They charge what they charge and you just have to mark it up. Before LEDs, most electric sign shops had their own plant. Most of those are collecting dust in a corner. The ones that still do it aren't going to give you any price breaks; I just refer my clients to them and hope they don't steal my other business.

There are a number of places who make smaller signs (beer type signs) that advertise on the internet and will ship. If this is what you are looking for, a quick Google search will turn them up. But they only make what they can comfortable ship, and are not a good source for custom work at any scale. LEDs have changed the industry, and neon is difficult to ship.

bannertime

Yeah, I highly doubt there is any "wholesale" neon work. There's an instructor at a local university that teaches neon. We've got his info on hand for when someone needs repairs or new fab. They can be pretty picky about the work they take.