• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wholesale Vendor Needed

mbarden

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know of a wholesale vendor for the changeable copy signws in the attached pic. Somewhere in midwest preferably.
Thanks
Mike B

Attachments

• arrow-sign--large-msg-122905357948.jpg
    arrow-sign--large-msg-122905357948.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 58

TheSnowman

Don't waste time calling Wayne...I've delt w/ them. Go to Sam's Club. A customer wanted one, and I called Wayne and got a price, and I said, ok, well, tell me why yours are the best so I can tell my customer why yours is better than Sam's Club...she said, I can't say that, we sell them to Sam's. It was WAY cheaper if I remember right.

signage

Don't waste time calling Wayne...I've delt w/ them. Go to Sam's Club. A customer wanted one, and I called Wayne and got a price, and I said, ok, well, tell me why yours are the best so I can tell my customer why yours is better than Sam's Club...she said, I can't say that, we sell them to Sam's. It was WAY cheaper if I remember right.

+1

Jackpine

Ditto!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sam's Club has them, but the are entirely different then the ones you can buy from Wayne, thus the reason for lesser prices.

Sam's Club specs for those type signs are far below normal quality than you can buy as a sign shop. The gauge of the metal is less, the ballasts are less and basically everything is just sub-tolerance you would use as a sign shop.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy one from Sam's and sell it to an end-user. Let the customer buy direct and take the crap on their own.

Pat Whatley

Sam's Club has them, but the are entirely different then the ones you can buy from Wayne, thus the reason for lesser prices.

I don't know Gino, maybe Wayne has different levels of quality available. They're right up the road from us so I've used them a few times. There's no difference in what I've gotten from them and what I can get at Sams.

Gino is dead on about the quality, however. These things are definitely bottom end signs. If cost is all that matters to your customer you're gonna be better off in the long run letting them buy it themselves. No reason to get yourself in the middle of that headache.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pat, years ago after doing much research and finding Wayne to be a distributor for these things, we sold quite a few of them, until local 'Rental Places' started renting them. We kinda steered away, but when Sam's Club came onto the scene about 20 years ago and started selling them for like $325. a pop, and we were paying $700 and $800 a pop [w/shipping], we looked into buying from Sam's. After talking and comparing pieces, we were told by Wayne themselves that Sam's Club actually sets a different kind of specs and only Sam's Club is allowed to sell them under this classification. The major differences were .050 aluminum vs .025 aluminum. Ballasts were of barely an outdoor tolerance and the rating was far less than what we could buy direct from Wayne.

It became much easier to just send these people to Sam's Club directly and try to get the rest of their business. In that respect, it worked out better. We would tell the customer, you can buy 3 of theirs after they burn out and get all dented up to one of ours and still save money. They liked the honest approach and generally gave us other business.