• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question wholesaler for brass plate

netsol

Premium Subscriber
we are FINALLY setting up our engraving and milling equipment, so we can start our engraving & awards part of the business. this is new to me, so i need a wholesale source for 20 gauge brass plate, to be cut on the metal shear

once again, we have wandered into an area where i am a complete novice

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
thank you!

any better pricing for larger sheets?

No idea sorry, I don't order it nor pay the bills. I just know that's where it comes from. Not 100% on this but I am not sure they come in bigger sheets.

Ready

Ready To Go
we are FINALLY setting up our engraving and milling equipment, so we can start our engraving & awards part of the business. this is new to me, so i need a wholesale source for 20 gauge brass plate, to be cut on the metal shear

once again, we have wandered into an area where i am a complete novice

Try Metals Depot... Here is the link.

https://tinyurl.com/y2akbp7d

Bob P

rossmosh

I have to ask: Why are you entering a declining market where sales are 50-80% less than normal?

My one piece of advice for you: Stick to industrial. If you do retail, you'll lose money most likely.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
we have a great relationship with many chapters of united way
their board members buy a lot of awards, trophy type items

that's the only thing that makes me think we would do well with this

netsol

Premium Subscriber
rossmosh
are you referring to the sign businesss in general? or the awards/engraving business?

i "retired" in january (actually walked away from spending almost 40 hours every week with one lucrative client, retaining the rest of my clients.
being used to a leisurely 90-110 hour week, i have been setting up our sign/engraving business, as my "retirement business"

would i have done the same thing if i knew i was going to be marketing into a pandemic? logic says no, but i can be a stubborn bastard, so i probably would have
anyway