• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

whoo whooo! went mtec liquid cooled.

bullcrew

Ok so I got a bug in the rear when I originally built it 2 weeks ago and Over clocked it as well as tuned it.

Heres the specs:
Intel core 2 duo e6850 3ghz (pushing 3.4ghz now) increased cpu v. to 1.375 and increased my mch (n.bridge chip) voltage to 1.33
memory is 4gbs oczp800r22gk rev. 2 sitting at 4;4;4;15 42 with 2.1volts and a 1;1 ratio
added a coolit eliminator mtec liquid cpu cooler (Oh yeah!)
Looking for an another case now, just undecided for the moment. As well as PSUis getting bumped to a 750 - 1000W PSU.

3.4ghz, 378 bus with a 1512 FSB

Did a 15.04.22 on 32m Pi test and a 0.15.043 on 1m pi test, ran orthos for several hours maxing mem and cpu no faults. I can get alot better with additional OC'n but I use this for graphics and work. It lays a wrap out fast.....

This thing doesnt get above 38 degrees under load and idles at 25 degrees (Its in a 100 degree shop for the moment so thats really good temps.)

abit ip35 pro board flashed 11 bios
antec 500w PSU
Intel core2 duo 6850 3ghz cpu
2 160g sata3 HD's raid 0
1 250g HD backup
coolit eliminator sub cooler cpu
geforce 7600
4gbs OCZ ram

Thing HAULS ARSE!!!!!
Took alot of not knowing anything and never having OC to get here in the past 4 days but this thing rocks hands down and is stable (extremely at these temps and Voltages).

Attachments

• cleaned-caseweb.gif
    cleaned-caseweb.gif
    307.9 KB · Views: 176
  • caseweb-side-SMALL.gif
    caseweb-side-SMALL.gif
    167.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0522SMALL.gif
    IMG_0522SMALL.gif
    172.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Eliminator-Hero-sm.jpg
    Eliminator-Hero-sm.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 154

Drip Dry

Heres the specs:
Intel core 2 duo e6850 3ghz (pushing 3.4ghz now) increased cpu v. to 1.375 and increased my mch (n.bridge chip) voltage to 1.33
memory is 4gbs oczp800r22gk rev. 2 sitting at 4;4;4;15 42 with 2.1volts and a 1;1 ratio
added a coolit eliminator mtec liquid cpu cooler (Oh yeah!)
Looking for an another case now, just undecided for the moment. As well as PSUis getting bumped to a 750 - 1000W PSU.

3.4ghz, 378 bus with a 1512 FSB

Did a 15.04.22 on 32m Pi test and a 0.15.043 on 1m pi test, ran orthos for several hours maxing mem and cpu no faults. I can get alot better with additional OC'n but I use this for graphics and work. It lays a wrap out fast.....

abit ip35 pro board flashed 11 bios
antec 500w PSU
Intel core2 duo 6850 3ghz cpu
2 160g sata3 HD's raid 0
1 250g HD backup
coolit eliminator sub cooler cpu
geforce 7600
4gbs OCZ ram

.............................................HUH ?...........................................

Congrats for a job well done! No question that you could push the CPU farther, but I cannot say how far you will push the FSB (already impressive). What did that cooler set you back?

bullcrew

Congrats for a job well done! No question that you could push the CPU farther, but I cannot say how far you will push the FSB (already impressive). What did that cooler set you back?
$199 fry's.
I can get 3.8ghz and remove some multiplier as well as keep the ram tight and .1v increase to the cpu. Possibly increase the voltage to ram to 2.2 and it should run it. They are getting 3.4 OC'd on air everyday and i can get 3.3 with stock cooler and no radical mods. I bumped up to cpu voltage and increased mem voltage when I dropped 2 more gbs in, i can run.
They have these e6850s pushing 4.4mhz and 4.5 extreme coolers though and ones like mine they have them pushing 4mhz with prime and orthos to prove stability. Theres a guy getting around 5+ in the UK stable as well. Water and mtec coolers are the greatest, especially for a mild but stable oc there isnt air that can touch it.
Im sitting at 27 degrees while doing basic stuff, its now down around 23 degrees and if its in the house where theres AC Its around 19/21 degrees.
I will hold here considering its powering through orthos and Super Pi faster than alot of other systems that are OC'd. Its a good machine and proven itself benched already.

Here in the shop it pushed the 39 degree mark while doing a maxx cpu stress test on Orthos, then did a mem cpu combo stress test and no errors as well as its stays cool...

MobileImpact

am I the only one confused? will all the bells and whistles make my photoshop or Illy run faster. How about Flexi?

Not trying to be a smart @$$ at all. But how will any of that make your output any better or quicker?

bullcrew

am I the only one confused? will all the bells and whistles make my photoshop or Illy run faster. How about Flexi?

Not trying to be a smart @$$ at all. But how will any of that make your output any better or quicker?
Flintstone has a car but its powered by his feet, so by the time he gets his women to the resteraunt she mad at how long it took and nights over due to lag.
Bullcrew has a car powered by a (REALLY BIG MOTOR GROWL!!!) so they get to the resteraunt so fast they have more time that night for other stuff!! :wink:

cpu speeds, memory and layout of your hard drives directly effect PS and flexi.
Raid 0 is where I run PS and its the scratch cisc, I then back up my work to a 2nd HD that is fully loaded a Emergency drive as well as bulk storage.
My CPU stays cooler (ALOT) so I can bump the speed of it up and with a 3.4ghz core 2 duo processor and a 1333 mhz FSB (mtec liquid cooled) I get the same work done quicker than most. My memory (4gbs) with tighter tolerances allow me to stack and render work faster.
The main purpose of this machine was SPEEEEEED in PS for wraps and output.
So put lightly cost for bang it will smoke alot of peoples comps on graphics and files hence reducing my work time considerably.

Its actually less stress on a computer to be overbuilt and cooled nicely than a mediocre machine running warm and pushing it in bigger files.

Last edited:

MobileImpact

no worries but how much faster? I have a 140 gig scratch disk, not liquid cooling or anti freeze, and we can rip through large wrap files no worries.

Was just wondering with all the bells and whistles how much faster can I get work done?

I can drive to work in the mornings with my choice of vehicles. A Harley, a GMC Envoy, or my trusty rusty Mazda Pick up- They all get me there in about the same amount of time.

Hopefully it's not a bad anology, just trying to figure if the extra expenses on the front end will actually help in the back end.

(were gonna add another rip station for another printer)

Kevin

bullcrew

no worries but how much faster? I have a 140 gig scratch disk, not liquid cooling or anti freeze, and we can rip through large wrap files no worries.

Was just wondering with all the bells and whistles how much faster can I get work done?

I can drive to work in the mornings with my choice of vehicles. A Harley, a GMC Envoy, or my trusty rusty Mazda Pick up- They all get me there in about the same amount of time.

Hopefully it's not a bad anology, just trying to figure if the extra expenses on the front end will actually help in the back end.

(were gonna add another rip station for another printer)

Kevin

We can all drive something to work the question is if its for the long haul and time is part of the equation is it going to make it and be cost effecient.

I went bigger and faster and liquid but in 4 years from now I can still play at the current or close to the current speeds due to my headroom as well as I wont be cooking my processor which in turn means less errors in OS/MEM. Thats me though.

For you:
I'd do raid 0 +1 (sata 3 or scsi both are fast), keep the scratch disc on the raid, the cpu is up to you, quads are great and so are duals. For 2d (mostly PS work we do) dual with a higher FSB is better (at the moment its 50 of one and 50 of another) rendering a quad is. With mine OC'd and running liquid I can tear through stuff with plenty of headroom for more and little to no heat build up (thats crucial to your cpu)
If I were you based on what Im hearing Id go q6600 cpu (quad 2.4ghz) , abit ip35 e board (raid function) 4 gbs of mem and 4 identical drives 2 for raid 0 and 2 for raid 1. I would bump your cpu fan up a little based on the heat at normal operations that the quad runs but other than that it would be a fast unit and realtively priced. I am considering going to the quad because I have liquid cooling and I can OC it to 3.6ghz safely and it will SCREAM.