• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whos on Voxer?

signswi

I use heytell on my iphone...I'm assuming it's similar??

Same thing basically.

Cell phone companies don't really care about whether you're using talk or data minutes, they're selling it all to you at markup you wouldn't pay for oil from mars and it's all going over the same network anyway. Voice is digital too.

For example at average SMS pricing you're paying a penny per byte -- if you use all 160 characters per SMS, more per byte if you don't -- and they're getting that penny both ways (from both parties). The markup is astronomical across all cell services, SMS just makes an easy comparison point.

Mike F

Looks pretty neat, do you have to create an account with them or do your friends just need to have the app?

edit: guess I need to make an account. I'll post my name up in a bit.

ProWraps

whats nice is you can login with your faceboook and it will find all your buddies that have it, and consequently a bunch of peeps you dont know heh.

Border

It beats drunken texting, even with voice recognition, although that can be kind of entertaining in itself!

Mike F

mfredericofng@gmail.com

Not sure how to add people, do I have to stick Voxer users into my regular contacts or something? Would be nice if there was a way to differentiate regular contacts through groups or something. Sorry if I'm missing something here, I made the jump from dumbphone to Android a week ago and I'm still figuring things out. Never even had a Blackberry before and only had picture messaging and internet on my phone for a little while years ago, so this stuff is all new to me.

ProWraps

rofl.

dude love it when you call me or anyone else a NERD.

i laugh my f'ing *** off. what a killer word.