• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who's working late Tonight?

showcase 66

I have a lot of things running in the machines right now. All 3 cutters going strong so I can finish a job by 8 Thursday morning. I was originally told that they needed everything by 8 am Saturday morning for a fundraiser. Get a call around 630 from the owner of the business I am doing the work for and he is freaking out.

He needs most of everything by Thursday by 8 am so that it can be picked up and transported to the facility they are having this event. At first I was like uhhhh F___ You! But before I could really tell him no, he says he will double my price if I can do it and Free food for 3 months at his restaurant for me and my family.

In reality, I should have already been about half way done with it but Tuesday screwed me all up and didnt get anything completed that I planned on getting done.

Better get back at it.

So who else is working late tonight?

kylebrk

I just got home. We had to work after hours at the mall. No lifts inside during business hours.

J

john1

showcase, that sounds like a hell of a deal!

I'm all caught up on work for this week so far, Ran out of powertape to finish the last banner of 8 banners for a guy so i am getting some from a local sign guy tomorrow who has some in stock.

I'm just up checking out tid bits and marketing as always.

artbot

extreme all nighter. finalizing a proposal so i can get my hands on a $7500 deposit (my 50% of the wholesale on a $30,000 project). woke up today to find that a buyer in chicago put a stop payment on a cashier's check that i just received from them . so i'm suddenly working with -$140 in the bank.

2B

Slaving away as well,

got 6 48x96 MDO to do for wholesale, the designer sent the PDF files as texts not converted to curves so while I was off doing other work VW changed the fonts. so 3 of them had to be converted to curves then resent to VW for reprinting. just glad I checked before sticking.

At first I was like uhhhh F___ You! But before I could really tell him no, he says he will double my price if I can do it and Free food for 3 months at his restaurant for me and my family. <br />
<br />
<br />
Why cant i get on of my rush jobs to go this, most are expecting it

showcase 66

extreme all nighter. finalizing a proposal so i can get my hands on a $7500 deposit (my 50% of the wholesale on a $30,000 project). woke up today to find that a buyer in chicago put a stop payment on a cashier's check that i just received from them . so i'm suddenly working with -$140 in the bank.
Not the best way to start your day now was it.

Slaving away as well,

got 6 48x96 MDO to do for wholesale, the designer sent the PDF files as texts not converted to curves so while I was off doing other work VW changed the fonts. so 3 of them had to be converted to curves then resent to VW for reprinting. just glad I checked before sticking.

<br />
<br />
Why cant i get on of my rush jobs to go this, most are expecting it

I wish all my clients were like this. This guy has always paid more than what was quoted for the job. If not in the form of a check, in food. Hands down one of my favorite clients.

A couple years ago, my whole family were really sick. I was able to finish a couple of things for him during that time that he wanted done. For a week after, his wife brought us fresh made soup everyday around dinner time. I wish more business owners were like this around here. Not just to give me stuff or anyone else for that matter but to actually care about others.

We are actually doing a lot better than I thought we would be. have about 200 18x24 coro's left. 2 4x8 dibond left and to finish cutting and weed roughly 500 6"x8" decals. Everything else is cut and just needs to be weeded out right now. That is why I am on here and have the other 2 weeding. Its good to be the boss sometimes.