• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why are my backlit prints sweaty?

C

ColoPrinthead

Has anyone seen the latex machines do this before? This was printed Friday and the pic was taken this morning. I am printing on Avery 2050.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You're working them too hard over the weekend. Turn on the A/C and give them a rest.

Is that water? Can it be wiped off without harm?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've never seen anything like that, other than water dripping on it from a leak or by accident. Check your surroundings before going any further.

C

ColoPrinthead

I think it might be optimizer, it had a grease like feel to it and it ruined one print by leaving streaks as it slid down the print.

Reveal1

I think it might be optimizer, it had a grease like feel to it and it ruined one print by leaving streaks as it slid down the print.
Could this be clogged vent holes in the condensate system up near the heaters? I had an independent tech tell me it was a common problem with 560's. We've noticed that in the mornings, occasionally our first print will have streaks like that, Goes away once machine is running a bit. We also got a notice that the condensate tank was full but it was maybe 10%. My understanding is you need to remove a lot of the case covering the heater assembly to get to the holes. (Not talking about the vacuum holes on the platen) We were talking about tackling this but starting to get busy again.

greysquirrel

environment, airflow and yes clogged holes in heaters...kick the ac on look at your usage. maybe time for a pm service. Make sure the tech removes your heater and cleans it properly

C

ColoPrinthead

This printer was serviced about 2 months ago and had the curing assembly removed and cleaned during the process, so that should not be the issue. I had this happened when I was still on Caldera, but the profiles I inherited were for 26500 and on a 360, I now have Onyx and correct profiles.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
This may be totally off the point, but I've noticed considerable condensation buildup on my Canon desktop laser printer whenever we print a large job...say 50 pages plus. A fair amount of heat is generated and rises up out of the area where the paper comes out and condenses on the underside of the printer housing just above the sheets. I can literally see water droplets.

I suppose those droplets would eventually begin to drip down onto the pages if I ran it long enough.

JB