Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are my R's Shifting in Trademarks??

Discussion in 'Corel' started by equippaint, Mar 7, 2019.

1. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    On 1 companies logo, I keep getting the R shifting outside of the circle for the registered trademark. I ganged up 6 of the same layout in Corel X7 to print and they all shifted differently. All the same file just step and repeat, not even in the RIP. None were in the same place, some in the middle, some half way some all the way outside of the circle. Its on all files and we have a few hundred different files. It doesn't happen on other co's, just 1.
    Nobody says anything and we keep shipping them like this but it looks ridiculous.

Tags:
  2. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Are they fonts or outlines?

3. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Font in a circle converted to curves

4. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

I don't know what's causing your problem but I will say X7 is buggy as f***, at least on my high-end office computer running Windows 7, but not so much on my el cheapo home computer running Windows 10. I can name a laundry list of issues I've had since installing it three years ago. I seldom ever had issues with X5. Wishing I hadn't upgraded.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    Thanks for telling me - still using X3 & X5 here, and debating upgrading to version 2018... but no real necessity for change yet.

6. Russ Aubertin

Russ Aubertin New Member

Convert the R to curves and combine with the circle to make one object from the two elements. That should take care of it. Also, 2018 is a very good upgrade, many new features that will help when designing signs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1