• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why are my R's Shifting in Trademarks??

equippaint

On 1 companies logo, I keep getting the R shifting outside of the circle for the registered trademark. I ganged up 6 of the same layout in Corel X7 to print and they all shifted differently. All the same file just step and repeat, not even in the RIP. None were in the same place, some in the middle, some half way some all the way outside of the circle. Its on all files and we have a few hundred different files. It doesn't happen on other co's, just 1.
Nobody says anything and we keep shipping them like this but it looks ridiculous.

I don't know what's causing your problem but I will say X7 is buggy as f***, at least on my high-end office computer running Windows 7, but not so much on my el cheapo home computer running Windows 10. I can name a laundry list of issues I've had since installing it three years ago. I seldom ever had issues with X5. Wishing I hadn't upgraded.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Thanks for telling me - still using X3 & X5 here, and debating upgrading to version 2018... but no real necessity for change yet.

Russ Aubertin

On 1 companies logo, I keep getting the R shifting outside of the circle for the registered trademark. I ganged up 6 of the same layout in Corel X7 to print and they all shifted differently. All the same file just step and repeat, not even in the RIP. None were in the same place, some in the middle, some half way some all the way outside of the circle. Its on all files and we have a few hundred different files. It doesn't happen on other co's, just 1.
Nobody says anything and we keep shipping them like this but it looks ridiculous.
Convert the R to curves and combine with the circle to make one object from the two elements. That should take care of it. Also, 2018 is a very good upgrade, many new features that will help when designing signs.