Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I find Papyrus for Mac?

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by maplebaygg, Apr 29, 2010.

1. maplebaygg

maplebaygg New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Hello All,
    I have a customer looking for some lettering done in Italic Papyrus. I have a Mac and I can't seem to find this font anywhere. I have found regular Papyrus, but not the italic or oblique. I'm hoping someone has a suggestion or can offer some wisdom from their own experiences. Thanks a bunch,
    :Canada:

Tags:
  2. TheProfessor

TheProfessor Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I don't think I've ever seen italic papyrus... heh, magically customers have created something harder to plot than regular papyrus!!!

3. CL Graphics

CL Graphics Active Member

Feb 24, 2007
    use regular and skew it with whatever program your using

4. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    right, no such thing. Some programs like MSWord allow for what is called Faux Bold or Faux italic. In other words the program bolds or italicizes fonts with one click even if they don't exist. In other programs you actually have to own a bold or italic version of the font in order to apply the effect

5. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Papyrus is bad enough without warping it this way and that. Actually it's not bad, it's incredibly passe. It used to be a nice face until every chowder society newsletter and grade school recital program began using it.

6. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    The true test of a good font is that eventually all designers will despise it.

7. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Great comment Steve. I love the font and hate how many people use it and use it inappropriately.