• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why can't I find Papyrus for Mac?

maplebaygg

Hello All,
I have a customer looking for some lettering done in Italic Papyrus. I have a Mac and I can't seem to find this font anywhere. I have found regular Papyrus, but not the italic or oblique. I'm hoping someone has a suggestion or can offer some wisdom from their own experiences. Thanks a bunch,
:Canada:

TheProfessor

I don't think I've ever seen italic papyrus... heh, magically customers have created something harder to plot than regular papyrus!!!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
right, no such thing. Some programs like MSWord allow for what is called Faux Bold or Faux italic. In other words the program bolds or italicizes fonts with one click even if they don't exist. In other programs you actually have to own a bold or italic version of the font in order to apply the effect

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hello All,
I have a customer looking for some lettering done in Italic Papyrus. I have a Mac and I can't seem to find this font anywhere. I have found regular Papyrus, but not the italic or oblique. I'm hoping someone has a suggestion or can offer some wisdom from their own experiences. Thanks a bunch,
:Canada:

Papyrus is bad enough without warping it this way and that. Actually it's not bad, it's incredibly passe. It used to be a nice face until every chowder society newsletter and grade school recital program began using it.