• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why do I get all the dummies as customers..

AznSensation

Last week I had a customer come in my bathroom and takes a crap on a clearly marked NOT WORKING toilet.

Yesterday.. My guys finished installing 2 polycarbonate face changes and I get the manager calling me why these letters aren't 3D? They signed the proofs and it clearly says POLYCARBONATE FACE CHANGE!

You guys got any tips to go about this problem?

Sign_Boy

If there was vinyl on the faces tell them it is 3D just not that much - only a couple of Mil.

Fax or e-mail them the signed proof and let them know you can make it 3D but it's going to cost..

TheSnowman

We've got them too...but we don't have public restrooms. I let one guy use it, and he tracked oil all the way through the shop on our new carpet. Anyone else, I've just told them no.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like the people in winter time that come in from the outside all covered with snow and slush from the street and stomp there way into your shop and then clean their boots and shoes off in your showroom. Why didn't they do it outside where we cleaned the pavements so people wouldn't drag that crap in ??

I'm gonna put a sign out in the winter that says.... "Keep Your Snow Covered Butt Outside UNTIL You Clean Yourself Off Before Entering".

As far as your faces.... were the ones you replaced embossed or vacuum faces ??

Craig Sjoquist

Well when problems happen..... I just remind myself or anybody having problems no matter how small or large.

That our Troops are in the Mideast protecting our freedom .. and they are just plain lucky to have are worst days, which would bring them big smiles. ... even a simple thing like a good nights sleep, a few cookies from home ... think about it we are really living life good.

AznSensation

I like the people in winter time that come in from the outside all covered with snow and slush from the street and stomp there way into your shop and then clean their boots and shoes off in your showroom. Why didn't they do it outside where we cleaned the pavements so people wouldn't drag that crap in ??

I'm gonna put a sign out in the winter that says.... "Keep Your Snow Covered Butt Outside UNTIL You Clean Yourself Off Before Entering".

As far as your faces.... were the ones you replaced embossed or vacuum faces ??

They were regular... nothing embossed or vacuumed :(
The manager is just plain dumb. Now she wants me to write a letter to her CEO so I can cover her but.

How would you approach this Gino? They are good customers of mine and I don't want this to ruin the relationship.

gabagoo

I have my share of mentally challenged customers too, although at times I wonder if it is just me lol

As to customers using my washroom....... One guy kept coming in to work with the designer downstairs and everytime he used the can there was a puddle in front of the toilet....gross.

TheSnowman

Well at least he didn't upper deck you!
I never write "LOL" because I am never really Laugh Out Loud...but on that...ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Azn………

Hold off on the letter…. a little longer. :rolleyes:

If they’re good customers then don’t show her the signed quote and try to prove yourself, but talk to her calmly and ask to meet with her and find out why she thought she was getting something different from what was already there.

• Did anyone ever talk of raised letters or 3D anything ??
  • Was there another proposal from another sign shop that might’ve mentioned using this technique ??
  • Is there another project going on where she might’ve confused the two ??
  • Have you ever done any 3D type jobs with her…. or recently ??
  • Did your proof resemble 3D letters with effects you might’ve used to accent something ??

There are a lot of things that could’ve confused her, but pointing fingers will generally lose a customer for you, so if they are indeed good customers [and good pay] try everything within your means…. even taking a little heat that might not be intended for you and try to smooth this over. Most of all, find out where the communications went down and try to fix that area. Perhaps then, you might need to draft a letter explaining everyone’s position in this problem. I think maybe she explained something to the CEO by mistake and didn’t pay attention to what was really going on…. or to take place when signing your quote and proofs.

Jillbeans

I don't like the term you used in your topic title, to be honest.

But I do get some real winners too.
I don't have a public bathroom but one guy did ask to use mine once, and he stunk up my place so badly that I quoted him so high he never came back.
:)
Love....Jill
PS Thanks to whoever edited the title.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't like the term you used in your topic title, to be honest.

But I do get some real winners too.
I don't have a public bathroom but one guy did ask to use mine once, and he stunk up my place so badly that I quoted him so high he never came back.
:)
Love....Jill
PS Thanks to whoever edited the title.

Sorry, I meant to mention the same thing about using the word 'retard'. I understand your frustration, but it's not nice to use it as so.

i wouldnt have a problem writing the letter..it might just be easier than having back and forth conversations that aren't really going to change the facts.

in the letter i would state that what you replaced was a non formed face, that what you quoted and what you provided was a like product (non formed) and that they are unhappy and would like a formed face that you wuold be happy to provide them a price for that product.