• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why do I Think this Is A Scam

Drip Dry

Got this e-mail today. Don't know this guy. No signature attached. the
to & from is his e-mail
====================================================
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Hello,[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]I thought you might like to know about this tool I have for sale.
[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]I am a former graphics installer and don't have any need for this anymore.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Price: $200[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Includes tool, partially used eraser wheel and 1 brand new eraser wheel.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]MBX Vinyl Zapper Electric Tool - Vinyl Remover
Tool is in GREAT condition; was only used for 4 jobs. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Used long enough to go through 3 eraser wheels.

Tool description:[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Designed to remove old vinyl and adhesive without causing heat or paint damage. The tool can be used with the Vinyl Zapper Rubber Wheel Eraser to remove vinyl and adhesive in tight crevices and complex curves. The MBX Vinyl Zapper is lightweight and features a compact motor, safety paddle trigger and lever for control, and an extra handle for optimal leverage. It also features a safety guard and a patented adapter to enhance performance of the Vinyl Zapper.

Retail prices:
Zapper tool: $400+
Eraser Wheel: $25
======================================================

looks like a good deal, but I'm afraid to respond.

Anyone else getting this ?

[/FONT]

Mosh

Tool is in GREAT condition; was only used for 4 jobs.
Used long enough to go through 3 eraser wheels.

That seems like alot to me, but I am a 3M wheel man myself....and 3 3M wheels would do 30 jobs. Well depending on how big.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Is this a local transaction or are they shipping it to you?

If it's local just tell them to bring it in to the shop and I would offer $100 instead of $200 unless everything is tip top.

Locals Find!

A quick google search shows its a real tool. You can buy them from $350 - $470.00.

Might be someone just trying to get rid of something they invested in that they really don't want anymore.

Ask him for a phone number see if he is local to you. If not don't bother you can buy one new and not risk getting ripped off.

Signco Inc

General Manager
I have that tool its great but just so you know it hooks to an air compressor. If you don't have one you can't use it.

Drip Dry

Yes, it is a real tool. I think Fellers even sells it. I'm just not sure why I was singled out. Thought maybe it's a shipping scam.
I guess I'll e-mail him back and see where it leads to

Thanks

Letterbox Mike

Yeah, if he's local tell him to bring it by so you can see it. If it's in good shape it's not a bad deal, those things are worth their weight in gold.

I would not even consider if it he's not local and you can't lay eyes on it though.