• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why do people use "Brand names" instead of the actual product name?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
After reading this about the construction at epcot:
"Pipes stand the aluminum skin panels away from the skeleton and provide space for utilities. A small service car is parked in the interstitial space between the structural and cladding surfaces, and can carry a prone technician down the sides to access repair locations"
Go follow the alucobond link and read about fire characteristics: Sandwich panel - Wikipedia
  • Design of a cavity between the cladding and the exterior wall of the building (or its sheath of insulation) is also significant: flames can occupy the cavity and be drawn upwards by convection, elongating to create secondary fires, and do so "regardless of the materials used to line the cavities".[17]
Sounds like spaceship earth could be a death trap if it ever had a fire.

If I remember right there was a big fire at an apartment building in the UK a year or two ago due to ACPs. I think they tightened the rules on them now...that they have to be fire retardant. I know a lot of car dealerships and gas stations around here use ACP for their exterior walls... Never tried to light one of my signs on fire but I wonder how it would react.