• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

why does flexi dxf files and line segments

gieseguy

am looking for answers to why flexi sign pro dxf files come into other programs segmented. I have a vender using a laser with corelx5 and he says my files are coming in segmented and he has to go in an join the segments. anyone encountered this?

gieseguy

it has two settings convert to outlines or save as arcs not sure what it does if you don't select one of these

gieseguy

lets hope so i guess i was thinking straight lines aren't arcs so not sure what saving as arcs was supposed to do lets hope it is that simple thanks a lot for the input

gieseguy

thanks for the input. maybe I need to address this to the flexi group but anyone have specific info on the two export options whether one or the other will keep the file unsegmented when imported as there are both lines and arcs in the drawing

J Hill Designs

nope. just exported a file from flexi as dxf using save as arcs. it was segmented. but when opened in omega there was an option to autojoin which did as suspected.

Since your laser guy uses corel, why cant you just export eps for him?

gieseguy

yeah i had sent him an eps already thinking that would work he isn't very savy on the computer so we will see it is frustrating though the way it gets segmented