• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

why does my overlap never work? arrgggg

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am printing a 16ft X 8ft billboard onto white reflective vinyl then applying onto a 3mm Alumet 4X8 sheets.
My reflective media is actually 48.875" wide and my sheets are 48.03" wide.
The issue I am having is when I set my overlap settings to...(0.25") it always seams to TAKE OFF the 0.25" instead of adding it to my printed tiles.
I do not know what I am doing wrong, but I have wasted alot of $$$$ trying to get this to work right and I am very frustrated.

BTW; I am using Onyx Postershop Rip ver. 7.3.0.57 and beneath that it says 7.3.0.138. Not sure which is right.
Printing to HP45500 UV printer. (formerly colorspan 5465 UV)

Can anyone help??
email me.
sincerest thanks, Dennis

Turtle

Dennis,

I had a similar problem when I first started using v 7.3 Try unchecking the weld overlap box under your tiling setup tab. That worked for me.

-Mark

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I do not have it on.
But I did notice that my printer takes a half inch off of each side to allow foir media holders thus bringing my media width down to...."smaller than 48"".

So what I am trying is... loading the media manually and fooling the printer in thinking the media is a little wider and then I can print much closer to my actual media edge with of 48.875".

Will keep you posted!! LOL