• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why does Roland Plotter not cut in between the set rollers

shuv76

Hello ,,I have a Roland Camm-1 (24 inch) Roland Plotter Cutter and I was wanting to know if anyone would know why it does not cut in between the rollers? On my left roller it will cut below where the edge of the roller is and on the right roller it will not cut all the way to where the roller is. So I have to try to guess how far to load the vinyl in to get my maximum use of material. Thanks for any help,, Paul

tomence

Same with the Graphtec i have it will cut only up to 22.5" eventhou they say it is 24" cutter.

sjm

Not so sure that statement is accurate. The Graphtec FC7000 had the ability to cut beyond the rollers.

shuv76

I am just cutting a 15 inch roll but I cannot get it to cut between the rollers ,, the left side still has usable material left and the right side does not cut the bottom of my vinyl. Like has no room but it does.

DigitalBBQ

To cut full width between the rollers, the LEFT and the RIGHT, between that.

You will need a cutter that can sensing the LEFT and the RIGHT.

The Cutting Head, it need to scan between the LEFT and the RIGHT rollers to know how what is the width (the distance ) of the cut area will be.

If you looking at your Cutting Head, if the Blade holder is on the right side of the cutting head, then the scan area of cutting width will give you more on the right, and the left will have some parking area for the cutting head when it scan on the left roller stop mark.

For Graphtec cutter for example the CE5000, it said it can hold 24" media but it only cut maximum media width of about close to 23" ( more like 22" rather ).
the Graphtec cutting head has the Laser scanner along with blade holder rather to the right of the cutting head assembly, and it is one of the cutting head assembly of a very small form factor, when compare to other cutter in the market. This gives the CE5000 of nearly 23" of scanned cutting width.

Other cutter may say 30" media holder, but it really can only scan 21" maximum width due to the fact that they need some space on the rail either on the left or the right to park the cutting head when reading the linear scan of the media width.

But if you suspect that you cutter is not reading or scanning media maximum cutting width properly, you may have a mulfuction sensory or pinch roller sensors may be damage. Some manufacturer have transponder on the left and the right rollers for the cutting head to detect the width between the rollers.

sjm

Expanding the Cutting/Plotting Area ... is that a common feature with all cutters?

shuv76

Thank you for your help, I will have to keep it in mind when I am trying to cut the bigger stuff. Appreciate your help. Paul