• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

why does yellow have tiny red dots?

ridewraps

I am trying to print a TRUE yellow / process yellow color why in the heck does it have red dots? I am using rasterlink pro and have selected the pantone color process yellow do I need to do something else or am I just stuck with red dots in my yellow?

wildside

yes like said above 0,0,100,0 no corrections

rasterlink, and onyx both use process yellow as 0,5,100,0, at least that is default here, those little 5 of Magenta creates havoc:munchie:

Rooster

Pantone Process Yellow is based off of SWOP process ink standards.

Inkjet pigments are brighter and more vibrant than their SWOP counterparts. It adds magenta to dirty up the yellow to match the SWOP pigmentation.

You can convert your document to the same icc profile that you're using for output and adjust your yellows to remove the magenta portion. Just turning off your color management will remove any adjustments applied by your RIP and will seriously mess with the color and gray balance.

If the input profile is the same as the output profile the colors should remain consistent and allow you to adjust only the magenta out of the yellow. If you convert to the output profile prior to sending it to the rip you can safely turn off the color management as all the corrections to color and gray balance will have been applied during the convert to profile stage.